Bluetooth card suggestions (m.2)

DVA

Hey guys, so I recently built my new PC about a month ago. All of my peripherals used currently go off of wires, so I had no need for bluetooth until now. 

I was wondering if anyone had an m.2 Bluetooth card suggestion for me. I think most nowadays come with bluetooth+wifi, but I'm sticking to Ethernet so I have no need for the wifi capability. 

Just throwing in there in case anyone asks, the motherboard is the EVGA z370 FTW. 

Any suggestions are greatly aprpeciated!

i guess you mean a PCI card as m.2 is almost always only used for SSD´s and the transfer speeds are irrelevant for bluetooth anyways.

i would suggest to first check if the peripherals you want to get all support standard bluetooth, most wireless stuff comes with its own receiver instead of going for existing standards.

also i would suggest to simply get a bluetooth usb dongle as it will give you better options to position it and avoid intereference problems.

1 minute ago, Pixel5 said:

i guess you mean a PCI card as m.2 is almost always only used for SSD´s and the transfer speeds are irrelevant for bluetooth anyways.

i would suggest to first check if the peripherals you want to get all support standard bluetooth, most wireless stuff comes with its own receiver instead of going for existing standards.

also i would suggest to simply get a bluetooth usb dongle as it will give you better options to position it and avoid intereference problems.

I was thinking of getting the dongle as well, they're really cheap and are just plug and play.

As for the peripherals, it's just a PS4 and Xbox controller, either or. I may get a headset with bluetooth later on, but I like my current wired ones. 

I just figured, may as well install a card rather than rely on a dongle. (I've had many dongles randomly die on my in the past =/ )

My old HP mobo had a wifi/bluetooth 2in1 mini PCIE card... closest thing I've seen to what you're talking about. Thing is that it was already outdated on the Bluetooth standard by the time they released that PC and my MX Master wouldn't even see it and finding replacement ended up being quite the hassle. I would recommend the dongles just so you can keep up to date with the most current standards.