Ryzen 5 2600 + GTX 1060 6gb?

iLostMyXbox21

hellooo.. if i were to do this..

Ryzen 5 2600

gtx 1060 6gb

2x4 2600mhz DDR4 RAM

would i be able to cap the fps at 30 (i am perfectly fine with 30) and be able to keep my temps wayyyyy down? like, in the negatives?

im kidding..

but if were to cap at 30 or 60, would it keep the frames from dropping into 50 or 20? also keep the temps down? i only have a few 60 hz monitors to use, so there is no point at all in having 300fps in csgo and fortnut if i am not gonna see 200 of them.. it will only look impressive while recording to the people watching and seeing i get in the hundreds.. but i just want 60fps medium settings while recording / streaming.. i also want lower temps to avoid damage from keeping it super high all the time..

also will capping it lower the usage? like instead lf %90 will it drop to like, 70%? as i said i only have 60hz monitors so there is now point in having over 60..

thanks

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Well, what resolution are you planning to use? 

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

capping at 30% will lower the usage, but there's no real reason to since your PC will be able to handles itself at 60 very well.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Enable vsync. It will cap it at your monitors refresh rate.

Your GPU and CPU usage should be lower if it's limited to 60fps.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

3 minutes ago, lmeneses said:

Well, what resolution are you planning to use? 

1080p, 4k on some (i have a 4k monitor which i only use for ps4 and movies)

4 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

capping at 30% will lower the usage, but there's no real reason to since your PC will be able to handles itself at 60 very well.

lower usage.. and lower temps. i am fine with 30 if it means less stutters and if it extend potential life

2 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Enable vsync. It will cap it at your monitors refresh rate.

Your GPU and CPU usage should be lower if it's limited to 60fps.

will do, thanks

2 minutes ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

lower usage.. and lower temps. i am fine with 30 if it means less stutters and if it extend potential life

It won't extend any life, but it will reduce stutters, however that's only in software that's too demanding, which will be very little for this setup in terms of gaming.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, fasauceome said:

It won't extend any life, but it will reduce stutters, however that's only in software that's too demanding, which will be very little for this setup in terms of gaming.

so i might just keep it at 60 and keep it there, what fps should i get on pubg? considering im at 8gb ram, also on r6?

over 60?

1 minute ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

so i might just keep it at 60 and keep it there, what fps should i get on pubg? considering im at 8gb ram, also on r6?

over 60?

my friend uses an RX 580 and Ryzen 5 2600 on a 144Hz monitor, he plays rainbow 6 and Overwatch and stuff, so your PC should fare very well. His PC has DDR4 3000, but your 2600 will suffice.

Primary PC:

34 minutes ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

Ryzen 5 2600

gtx 1060 6gb

2x4 2600mhz DDR4 RAM

would i be able to cap the fps at 30 (i am perfectly fine with 30) and be able to keep my temps wayyyyy down? like, in the negatives?

im kidding..

but if were to cap at 30 or 60, would it keep the frames from dropping into 50 or 20? also keep the temps down? i only have a few 60 hz monitors to use, so there is no point at all in having 300fps in csgo and fortnut if i am not gonna see 200 of them.. it will only look impressive while recording to the people watching and seeing i get in the hundreds.. but i just want 60fps medium settings while recording / streaming.. i also want lower temps to avoid damage from keeping it super high all the time..

also will capping it lower the usage? like instead lf %90 will it drop to like, 70%? as i said i only have 60hz monitors so there is now point in having over 60..

thanks

Yes, capped frame rates reduce video card (and usually CPU) usage, which reduces power consumption and heat production.

Capping your frame rate will have no effect on preventing stutters unless you've somehow designed a case with next to no air flow and the heat builds up in your case to a point where everything thermal throttles. In other words, capping a frame rate has exactly one effect on performance: it caps your frame rate. Any drops below 30 or 60fps will be a result of the visual complexity and engine optimisation of the game you are playing relative to the performance of your system.

Higher frame rates may still be beneficial on 60hz monitors that don't have freesync or gsync. They reduce the visual difference between each frame, which I find makes screen tearing less noticeable. You can try v-sync instead, but it generally introduces noticeable lag.

If you want good hardware recommendations, please tell us how you intend to use the hardware. There's rarely a single correct answer.

3 minutes ago, Cyanara said:

Yes, capped frame rates reduce video card (and usually CPU) usage, which reduces power consumption and heat production.

Capping your frame rate will have no effect on preventing stutters unless you've somehow designed a case with next to no air flow and the heat builds up in your case to a point where everything thermal throttles. In other words, capping a frame rate has exactly one effect on performance: it caps your frame rate. Any drops below 30 or 60fps will be a result of the visual complexity and engine optimisation of the game you are playing relative to the performance of your system.

Higher frame rates may still be beneficial on 60hz monitors that don't have freesync or gsync. They reduce the visual difference between each frame, which I find makes screen tearing less noticeable. You can try v-sync instead, but it generally introduces noticeable lag.

well my case has god like airflow... its called my desk ?

AKA no case...

so the air IS the airflow

plus couldnt i just cap it out in the game?

7 minutes ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

well my case has god like airflow... its called my desk ?

AKA no case...

so the air IS the airflow

plus couldnt i just cap it out in the game?

Do you mean an open air set up?

I hope you don't mean a whole PC put together inside a desk drawer.

Also, in most games there's a frame limiting feature, but it's not gonna be that useful to you.

Primary PC:

Do you mean an open air set up?

I hope you don't mean a whole PC put together inside a desk drawer.

Also, in most games there's a frame limiting feature, but it's not gonna be that useful to you.

yeah i mean ON my desk.. i dont have money for watercooling yet.. lol..

why wont that be useful tho?

Just now, iLostMyXbox21 said:

yeah i mean ON my desk.. i dont have money for watercooling yet.. lol..

why wont that be useful tho?

Like we said earlier, lowering your PC part usage won't improve longevity, and open air cooling will ensure no thermal throttling. Although, what do you mean by water cooling? That's not exactly the alternative to not having a case for your PC.

Primary PC:

8 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Like we said earlier, lowering your PC part usage won't improve longevity, and open air cooling will ensure no thermal throttling. Although, what do you mean by water cooling? That's not exactly the alternative to not having a case for your PC.

if i get water cooling, i am gonna be putting it in a drawer and cuttin out the back and front for fans... then water cool it.. i planned it out in blender 3d and it looks cool, just need a saw from my shed and some sandpaper, a tape measure and some acoustic foam (for sound)

12 minutes ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

if i get water cooling, i am gonna be putting it in a drawer and cuttin out the back and front for fans... then water cool it.. i planned it out in blender 3d and it looks cool, just need a saw from my shed and some sandpaper, a tape measure and some acoustic foam (for sound)

You do need some kind of airflow for your components. It really does sound like the're inside a desk drawer, which means they'll thermal throttle even if you cap FPS at 30. Can you give a more apt description?

Primary PC:

You do need some kind of airflow for your components. It really does sound like the're inside a desk drawer, which means they'll thermal throttle even if you cap FPS at 30. Can you give a more apt description?

i actually do not have the parts yet.. this is my list https://pcpartpicker.com/list/QFHtHh

im gonna build this when i buy the parts and keep it on my desk with a fan or 2 pointing at it.. then when i have the money im gonna put it in a drawer that is a bit big for it..

but yeah, when i get it i will not put it in the drawer until i get a reliable water cooler, then i will have proper air ventilation to be sure the temps stay perfect

1 minute ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

i actually do not have the parts yet.. this is my list https://pcpartpicker.com/list/QFHtHh

im gonna build this when i buy the parts and keep it on my desk with a fan or 2 pointing at it.. then when i have the money im gonna put it in a drawer that is a bit big for it..

but yeah, when i get it i will not put it in the drawer until i get a reliable water cooler, then i will have proper air ventilation to be sure the temps stay perfect

OK then, open air means you have plenty of airflow.

Primary PC:

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

OK then, open air means you have plenty of airflow.

and what about in the drawer?

when i get on my computer (maybe closer to christmas) should i send the 3d model of my plans?

of course..

i still need to buy the desk lol

13 minutes ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

and what about in the drawer?

when i get on my computer (maybe closer to christmas) should i send the 3d model of my plans?

of course..

i still need to buy the desk lol

Inside the desk is gonna be a big personal project, and I've done nothing like it, so it's probably best to make a "new builds and planning" topic when you get around to it. 

Primary PC:

14 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Inside the desk is gonna be a big personal project, and I've done nothing like it, so it's probably best to make a "new builds and planning" topic when you get around to it. 

yeah probably lol... though, my step dad has worked constructon his whole life so hes got hella tools in the shed, and as i grew up (for the past 8 years (i think) he has been in my life) he has taught me various ways of planning / building and i first used a saw (not handsaw, an actual electric saw) at the age of 8... he also brought me to various places of work (nothing dangerous) and let me help him out with simple stuff like measuring and marking..

so i pretty much know how to build stuff and i am sure building a desk (which i wanna do) and making a little computer compartment will be no big deal, comsidering the tools and all the experience i have...

plus, home depot is right down the road.. so when i get a job (probably next august, nobody around here hires 15, so i turn 16 in august) which is when i will build a better PC (if i do not have mine by then) and i will also probably build my desk and maybe even get a little shed for my recording / streaming room, heck, i might even BUILD my own shed.. it might actually be cheaper and i can use home grown methods of sound insulation and water proofing (cant let that water in except in my cooling lol)

i can see my whole carreer taking gear and moving forward when i get a job in august.. 

just gotta wait...

paitience is a virtue

4 hours ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

Ryzen 5 2600

gtx 1060 6gb

2x4 2600mhz DDR4 RAM

im kidding..

thanks

The setup will run 1080p ultra at over 60 easily. at 4k med ur looking at 30 fps capped. you shouldn't drop below. Recording shouldn't change much. But streaming.... u will see definitely a decrease. but if all u want is 60fps med 1080p thats a definite. And usage depends on a lot of aspects (Especially with the cpu) but i would think the usage would be lower. i wouldn't worry though as long as ur not oc ur lifespan wouldn't change that much. If Ur worried about temps then get a aftermarket cooler (ADVISE THIS). the stock cooler is a heap of ****. especially when my temps here are 35'c ambient. Good temps for the 2600 are below 70. i would aim for mid 60's at most. but 70 is okay

26 minutes ago, Vonix said:

The setup will run 1080p ultra at over 60 easily. at 4k med ur looking at 30 fps capped. you shouldn't drop below. Recording shouldn't change much. But streaming.... u will see definitely a decrease. but if all u want is 60fps med 1080p thats a definite. And usage depends on a lot of aspects (Especially with the cpu) but i would think the usage would be lower. i wouldn't worry though as long as ur not oc ur lifespan wouldn't change that much. If Ur worried about temps then get a aftermarket cooler (ADVISE THIS). the stock cooler is a heap of ****. especially when my temps here are 35'c ambient. Good temps for the 2600 are below 70. i would aim for mid 60's at most. but 70 is okay

i will not be overclocking, as i do not wanna burn anything, and even if i had a 1080ti.. i would still play medium settings, because i have been a console player my whole life so switching to higher settings will be an awkward change and it would throw me off... now for games that look beautiful on high - max (pubg, r6, etc) that i can get recordings off of... those i will play high or max, since they are competative... pretty much if i can play a game at high - max without dropping below 60.... i MIGHT...

doesnt recording take like.. %5 of performance? idk i heard it somewhere

9 minutes ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

i will not be overclocking, as i do not wanna burn anything, and even if i had a 1080ti.. i would still play medium settings, because i have been a console player my whole life so switching to higher settings will be an awkward change and it would throw me off... now for games that look beautiful on high - max (pubg, r6, etc) that i can get recordings off of... those i will play high or max, since they are competative... pretty much if i can play a game at high - max without dropping below 60.... i MIGHT...

doesnt recording take like.. %5 of performance? idk i heard it somewhere

1080ti?? i said 1080p. thats a resolution? and i would not advise building ur pc in your desk. if u dont have the know how it will almost always fail. there aspects like; Shorting out your parts, Airflow, temps??. and different recording software affect differently. the pc will handle most AAA games at ultra. Pubg, r6 will run at ultra. at 60 fps. Pubg if not at ultra, it will at high. and the ddr4 ram at the speeds of 2400mhz will really lack in performance. i will suggest 3200mhz or at least 2666mhhz

1 minute ago, Vonix said:

1080ti?? i said 1080p. thats a resolution? and i would not advise building ur pc in your desk. if u dont have the know how it will almost always fail. there aspects like; Shorting out your parts, Airflow, temps??. and different recording software affect differently. the pc will handle most AAA games at ultra. Pubg, r6 will run at ultra. at 60 fps. Pubg if not at ultra, it will at high. and the ddr4 ram at the speeds of 2400mhz will really lack in performance. i will suggest 3200mhz or at least 2666mhhz

i know you said 1080p... i mean if i HAD a 1080ti.. hypothetically... then i would still play on medium ish settings

i might just build a case with 2 fans in and 2 fans out... then a filter on the in but not out to protect dust... of course clean the filter every other day / 2 times a week.. you know what? i will 3d model one and ask the community about it... if it looks good i will build it ?

59 minutes ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

1.even if i had a 1080ti.. i would still play medium settings, 
2.switching to higher settings will be an awkward change and it would throw me off...

This really doesn't make sense at all. Computer is not a console(it's like you try to compare a kitchen to a toaster, there is no comparison between them), although it can be used as a gaming machine and give you a far better gaming experience than consoles cause of it's hardware firstly and most importantly cause of it's software.
My advice about the case is that you should buy a good case and if you want your personal touch to it, then mod it.