Ryzen 7 Question on Setting Up the Bios

Hi, I wanted to ask if I should set up my ryzen R7 2700X to auto/default settings on auto for gaming stability or if I should change anything.

Should Auto Suffice from your Experience?

Any advice is appreciated,

Thanks.

AFAIK, all it needs is cooling, XFR 2 does a pretty great job.

CPU: i5 10600KFMotherboard: Asus B460M-Plus | Cooling: Gamemmaxx 400 XT w/ Corsair ML120 Elite + 1 ML120 Elite exhaust + 2 ML140 Elite intake

RAM: 2x16GB Netac DDR4 3200MT/s @2666CL13 | GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual +200/+1200MHz/+5%

Storage: 2TB XPG S70 Blade, WD Blue NVMe 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 2TBPSU: Corsair TX550M

Monitor: 2x Pichau Cepheus Fuse 28" 4k 144Hz HDR | Keyboard: Corsair K70 mk.2 Cherry MX Red

Headphone/headset: Kuba Disco Pro/Gamer + Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro | OS: Windows 11 Home

Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro RGB + Ugreen Vertical MouseCase: Corsair Carbide 400C

9 minutes ago, Vasllo said:

AFAIK, all it needs is cooling, XFR 2 does a pretty great job.

Perfect!

Also, is it possible to cause occasional stutter or micro-lag in games? 

(Also check out my build on the profile if you will for more information)

2 hours ago, TwinDenis said:

Perfect!

Also, is it possible to cause occasional stutter or micro-lag in games? 

(Also check out my build on the profile if you will for more information)

I don't see why it would, your build looks great and solid.

CPU: i5 10600KFMotherboard: Asus B460M-Plus | Cooling: Gamemmaxx 400 XT w/ Corsair ML120 Elite + 1 ML120 Elite exhaust + 2 ML140 Elite intake

RAM: 2x16GB Netac DDR4 3200MT/s @2666CL13 | GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual +200/+1200MHz/+5%

Storage: 2TB XPG S70 Blade, WD Blue NVMe 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 2TBPSU: Corsair TX550M

Monitor: 2x Pichau Cepheus Fuse 28" 4k 144Hz HDR | Keyboard: Corsair K70 mk.2 Cherry MX Red

Headphone/headset: Kuba Disco Pro/Gamer + Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro | OS: Windows 11 Home

1 minute ago, Vasllo said:

I don't see why it would, your build looks great and solid.

Exactly.

Hadn't overclocked or anything like that... yet... it stuttered.

The inside of the Case seems good and clean as well.

Temperature inside the case is 34-35C when I look in the bios.

1 hour ago, TwinDenis said:

Exactly.

Hadn't overclocked or anything like that... yet... it stuttered.

The inside of the Case seems good and clean as well.

Temperature inside the case is 34-35C when I look in the bios.

What games and how is the hardware behaving? Use MSI Afterburner's RTSS overlay to check what's happening.

16 minutes ago, Vasllo said:

What games and how is the hardware behaving? Use MSI Afterburner's RTSS overlay to check what's happening.

I am using HWMonitor and MWInfo as well as benchmarking with cinebench, aida64, prime95 and intelburn test.

Everything according to these programs seems to be normal so far at least in terms of stability.

Cores are utilized too depending on the game.

GPU Should be good as well.

I did not get any freeze or crash of any kind on the following setup.

On the Chipset x470
DOCP RAM
precision boost overdrive
latest drivers

I got the following results on cinebench to give a brief idea.

I tested on world of warcraft, guild wars 2, heroes of the storm and fortnite so far.

ukuyyyy.PNG

16 minutes ago, TwinDenis said:

I am using HWMonitor and MWInfo as well as benchmarking with cinebench, aida64, prime95 and intelburn test.

Everything according to these programs seems to be normal so far at least in terms of stability.

Cores are utilized too depending on the game.

GPU Should be good as well.

I did not get any freeze or crash of any kind on the following setup.

On the Chipset x470
DOCP RAM
precision boost overdrive
latest drivers

I got the following results on cinebench to give a brief idea.

I tested on world of warcraft, guild wars 2, heroes of the storm and fortnite so far.

ukuyyyy.PNG

Well, sorry but I don't think I can help you with that, someone with a Ryzen system would be better fit to suggest any fixes. Btw, why are there so many different results in there? All but the first one seem kind of low, speacially the 7th.

8 hours ago, Vasllo said:

Well, sorry but I don't think I can help you with that, someone with a Ryzen system would be better fit to suggest any fixes. Btw, why are there so many different results in there? All but the first one seem kind of low, speacially the 7th.

Read Carefully, 8 cores 8 threads.

Yes, I would rather have someone who owns ryzen and games a lot to answer this, thats pretty much the point of the forum thread.