Corsair hd 120 and 140 fans not lighting right

GloryofSatan

So I have a total of 6 corsair fans hooked up to a corsair controller and for some reason only one led on all of them is on and its green... I've tried switching out the hub re shading the plugs.. hell even upgraded to a new 1000 watt psu gold rating and still same thing.. tried using icue and only my keyboard and mouse show up..

7 minutes ago, DemizedEmpire said:

So I have a total of 6 corsair fans hooked up to a corsair controller and for some reason only one led on all of them is on and its green... I've tried switching out the hub re shading the plugs.. hell even upgraded to a new 1000 watt psu gold rating and still same thing.. tried using icue and only my keyboard and mouse show up.. I accidentally posted this in gpu thread and idk how to remove it yet haha thanks in advance

Do you mean on led on each fan is on? or one led on only one fan is on.

4 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

Do you mean on led on each fan is on? or one led on only one fan is on.

one individual led on all 6 fans is on

i dont have the commander hub i have just the hub that comes with the 3 pack... it used to work just fine but i switched to a new case and in the new case now its not working... i also dont have the original box and i cant figure out maybe i hooked something up wrong but its almost impossible to mess up since its 6 wires to the hub for leds and 6 wires to the mobo for fan power then from the bub it goes to a sata power and the other end it to a controller with buttons to change colors....

I got the MLs recently with the hub.

So mine came with a 6 led hub wich connected to another hub to hook up other hubs(still with me?) And this connected to the mobo with a usb2.0 header.

If you have the same things you want to try Corsair Link.

Or else tell us what hubs are connected iin what way

I am here to learn, please correct me if im wrong or you see me putting bs on your screen!

this is all i have to connect to.. and it used to work just fine  but ive never had the fans show up in link 4 and ive never used ICUE till today, but i used to be able just use the buttons to change color speed etc...20181031_203334.thumb.jpg.d7e128fd793dcc8dadb3bdaf5bd8e4f4.jpg

Corsair_Commander_PRO_09_2FABACD1F24D4265983B35AFD452C14E.jpg

They wont work with icue or link cause theres no way for them to talk to the software, you need the hub that connects via a usb cable or the usb header.

You would think there has to be a "RESET" function on that hub.... i cant seem to find any info in the HD manual either.

If you unplug the controller do the green lights go off?

When you swapped the fans into the new case... did you connect the fan to the exact same connections?

Did you get the extra extender switch cables and plug? if you did plug it in and try it.

9 hours ago, Defyant said:

They wont work with icue or link cause theres no way for them to talk to the software, you need the hub that connects via a usb cable or the usb header.

You would think there has to be a "RESET" function on that hub.... i cant seem to find any info in the HD manual either.

If you unplug the controller do the green lights go off?

When you swapped the fans into the new case... did you connect the fan to the exact same connections?

Did you get the extra extender switch cables and plug? if you did plug it in and try it.

When I unplug the data power that come off the hub the lights do shut off. I didnt get any other wires then what shows in that picture and like I said it used to work fine until I switched towers but that shouldn't effect anything since its hooked up to the same mother board same spots. I even thought it might be the power supply cause I bought the new 2070 so I went from 850 gold to 1000 gold evga psu and still same thing.. I do believe when I first hooked it up they were only showing white and green on some of the leds but now it's only green.. the fans spin fine though ....

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone I'm still struggling with this and corsair cant help me cause I dont have a receipt it was through amazon and I've emailed them a screen shot of my receipt and still they said no.. so I'm really leaning on you guys hoping someone can help me.. I can take pictures of what ever you need to see to try and get this figured out.. thanks in advance 

How your fans are powered for spinning?  

Could you show a pic of the actual controller and fan hub as they are connected.

Have you cycled thru all the fans one at a time on connection # 1 on the fan hub to see if just the one will become responsive again as you cycle thru the effects.

Then repeat the process...

There seems to be 2 different push button controllers for the HD series.. (one with a remote cable)

Are you sure you don't have the one with this cable?  i know it is only a remote to utilise external buttons but this may have been over looked in the case transfer.

20161119_112550-1-S.jpg

Go to safe mode, completly uninstall all Corsair software,,,, Cue and iLink and then install the latest version of Cue software and see what happens.  Let us know.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

6 hours ago, Turtle Rig said:

Go to safe mode, completly uninstall all Corsair software,,,, Cue and iLink and then install the latest version of Cue software and see what happens.  Let us know.

FFS read the post man..... hes not running icue , he cant control that setup with icue........ it's what the whole post is about.

On 11/23/2018 at 3:25 PM, Defyant said:

How your fans are powered for spinning?  

Could you show a pic of the actual controller and fan hub as they are connected.

Have you cycled thru all the fans one at a time on connection # 1 on the fan hub to see if just the one will become responsive again as you cycle thru the effects.

Then repeat the process...

There seems to be 2 different push button controllers for the HD series.. (one with a remote cable)

Are you sure you don't have the one with this cable?  i know it is only a remote to utilise external buttons but this may have been over looked in the case transfer.

20161119_112550-1-S.jpg

I have that 3 button switch connected and non responsive I'll take a couple photos tomorrow in the a.m. since I've bought 2 sets I've used 2 different 6 port hubs and both of the 3 button controllers and mixed and tried again with no change.. Either way I'll upload more pics tomorrow. Thanks for helping me out bud