Adding actual new alias to existing GMail account?

RejZoR

I don't want to register new separate GMail account or use that + nonsense which is posted all over the internet, I want to add an actual new alias to the existing GMail. Is it even possible?

Yes, I have an extra alias, however I forgot how I did it, you'd have to Google how to do it.

What do you mean by alias?

PC - Athlon x4 845 // MSI GTX1050 GAMING X // 8GB DDR3 // 860 EVO 250GB // SANDISK PLUS 120GB

NAS - E7500 // 8GB DDR3 // 1x1TB HDD // 2x500GB HDD

//Forever upgrading

5 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

I don't want to register new separate GMail account or use that + nonsense which is posted all over the internet, I want to add an actual new alias to the existing GMail. Is it even possible?

Yes you can, when on the gmail page go to settings, accounts and import, add email address.

I ilke trains.

3 hours ago, MCManiac52 said:

Yes you can, when on the gmail page go to settings, accounts and import, add email address.

I'm assuming I can just add desired e-mail address without actually opening a new GMal account with said address?

13 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

I'm assuming I can just add desired e-mail address without actually opening a new GMal account with said address?

I believe so yes

I ilke trains.

29 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

Huh, no?

If you add a new email to your account, to send emails from it but on your existing account, it needs to be an actual email that you own and exist. They will send you an email onto it to confirm that you want this to happen. You can't just add some random email that doesn't exist and it suddenly pop into existence like that.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

51 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Huh, no?

If you add a new email to your account, to send emails from it but on your existing account, it needs to be an actual email that you own and exist. They will send you an email onto it to confirm that you want this to happen. You can't just add some random email that doesn't exist and it suddenly pop into existence like that.

That's how aliases without dumb + nonsense work in other services... Which is why I'm asking here because this thing is just bizarre to understand... Making alias in Outlook or Protonmail is easy and understandable. But not on GMail...

11 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

That's how aliases without dumb + nonsense work in other services... Which is why I'm asking here because this thing is just bizarre to understand... Making alias in Outlook or Protonmail is easy and understandable. But not on GMail...

Well, one thing you can do, to add an "alias", is the same process as above, BUT.
Instead of entering a whole new email, you enter your own email, but with one or more . (dot) in it somewhere. 
For example, if your email is "RejZoR@gmail.com", you can use "Rej.ZoR@gmail.com" or "R.e.j.Z.o.R@gmail.com" and it will work just the same, because on gmail, dots do not matter in the email.
You can also add a "+" followed by a word of your choosing, like "RejZoR+LTT@gmail.com". This is still your own email.
https://gmail.googleblog.com/2008/03/2-hidden-ways-to-get-more-from-your.html 

I just tried it and it worked to add an alias with my own email, but with a dot in it, no email verification needed.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Eh, I've read all this nonsense on 300 billion pages already. I'm not interested in any of that nonsense. I need an actual entirely different address/alias that will still be under "rule" of the main account without switching between accounts. Again, no science with that on Outlook or ProtonMail, but under GMail, complicated as hell for no reason. You can make hundred GMail accounts, but apparently not allowed to make bloody 2 entirely different addresses that would send and receive mails under single same account... Heh

13 hours ago, RejZoR said:

Again, no science with that on Outlook or ProtonMail, but under GMail, complicated as hell for no reason. You can make hundred GMail accounts, but apparently not allowed to make bloody 2 entirely different addresses that would send and receive mails under single same account... Heh

Do you have the other account already? If its Gmail, then just link accounts. If its some other, setup forward in the others webmail and set it as alias from Gmail settings. Done. I have had this with my Uni email, and have it also with current schools email. These are under Settings -> Account (I'm using it localized, so translating).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I just want to add a bloody alias to the frigging account I already have without opening whole new stupid account. I can't believe Google doesn't have any concept of understanding that...

16 hours ago, RejZoR said:

I just want to add a bloody alias to the frigging account I already have without opening whole new stupid account. I can't believe Google doesn't have any concept of understanding that...

I think you have problem understanding the issue. You need actual account to be added as alias. It could be dummy, like rej@zor.com, but you still need to own that alias first. If you want to add another Gmail as alias, then you make another Gmail account and use that through first. Thats how these things work. In Gmail, and in other mail services. If you would be using ISPs or hosting services email, they would have tad easier way to create aliases.

If you don't like the way Gmail does things, don't use it. It doesn't change, no matter how much you moan and whine about it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Well, that's retarded then. In Outlook you can easily just add an alias of choice without having to open another separate account. You just go to Aliases settings page, add an alias and that's it. I can't believe Google has it done this dumb...

19 hours ago, RejZoR said:

Well, that's retarded then. In Outlook you can easily just add an alias of choice without having to open another separate account. You just go to Aliases settings page, add an alias and that's it. I can't believe Google has it done this dumb...

The sender aliases are like that. But receiver still needs to be actual account. I haven't used Outlook as main email provider ever, but I can check if what you are saying is really true.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

It is true because I'm using few aliases. You just add it there and it treats it as a whole new e-mail address from which you can send and receive, but you don't have to open a whole new account to get one. It's almost shocking GMail doesn't understand the concept of it... You can make hundreds of separate accounts, but you can't make new address within existing account. Heh.

Same with ProtonMail where you can add new aliases without opening new accounts. Although you can only have 5 per base Plus account, then you need to buy more.

Example from Microsoft Outlook. Microsoft gets it. And it works perfectly. You add the address, wait for few minutes for it to register with their mailing system and that's it.

MS_Outlook_Aliases.png.0f7208b4f7f70f340f9c16c958f858ef.png