i7 8086k running @ 4.3ghz

Go to solution Solved by monjessenstein,

According to this website: https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/intel/core_i7/i7-8086k Your cpu should actually be running at 4.3 on all-core, though you are correct that single-core is 5ghz.

HI everyone,

So my new cpu is only running at 4.3ghz at load, which is odd because the default turbo should be higher, any ideas?

mobo is asus z370-f

in bios i only enabled xmp, and tried turning off multi core enchantment after seeing it wasn't going further than 4.3ghz

cpu is running at 50C while gaming(dark rock pro 4)

gpu is a 2080 and i game at 1080p, sometimes it went over 90% but sometimes under 60% depends on the game

fps was set to unlimited ingame

I would like it to go higher but without overclokcing(for now) just the so it reaches default turbo(5ghz on 1core, not sure about the allcore but it should be around 4.7 i think)

my assumption is something in the bios, but even after checking i couldn't find anything which would cause this.

Thanks thanks

Have a nice day :D

It's all core turbo is 4.3 so if you want it to go higher when using all core I would suggest overclocking since that is 8th e entire point of the cpu in the first place. 

15 minutes ago, monjessenstein said:

According to this website: https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/intel/core_i7/i7-8086k Your cpu should actually be running at 4.3 on all-core, though you are correct that single-core is 5ghz.

Ah, thanks, i just assumed because couldn't find it and the 9900k is 4.7 on allcores thats why i made my assumption

11 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

It's all core turbo is 4.3 so if you want it to go higher when using all core I would suggest overclocking since that is 8th e entire point of the cpu in the first place. 

Thanks, i just assumed higher because of the 9900k, but i will probably overclock it later down the road, i don't need the extra at the moment i just wanted to configure it now so i won't have to worry about it until i will need more out of it.

Some motherboards have a feature that forces all of the cores to turbo at the same time, meaning you can hit 5.0GHz on all cores.

However that comes at a huge power draw and it doesn't drastically improve performance anyway: