Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

SPECULATION: Zen 2 rumors and expectations.

Kiyometa
 Share

Hey guys!
So when I first got my 6600k, I told myself I would upgrade 3 generations later to an i7 and started saving for it. Well then AMD had to come in and upset the market with its new Ryzen processors and suddenly my plans had to change. The current rumor is that the Zen 2 will have a 13% increase in IPC from the Zen+ and could potentially open up even better OC opportunites with high core counts as well. So now I HAVE to wait for the Zen 2 to see if it is going to blow Intel away. I have had Intel CPUs for all of my computers for the last 12 years but am no fan boy right now and have no problem switching. My 6600k is able to run my games with no problems still, so I have no problem waiting until next year.

 

Current info/rumors for Zen 2:

Releasing after CES 2019 around May.

+13% IPC over Zen+

Up to 16 cores for Mainstream processors AM4 and up to 32 for Enthusianst TR4

 

 

Sources:

https://hothardware.com/news/amd-zen-2-speculation-16-core-am4-cpus-15-percent-ipc-uplift

https://wccftech.com/amd-zen-2-7nm-cpu-13-percent-ipc-increase-rumor/


Has anyone else heard any other rumors or information regarding Zen 2?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing wrong with waiting, especially if there is no pressing need for an immediate upgrade. Keep in mind that Intel is not standing still and will inevitably counter any offering from AMD.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, brob said:

Nothing wrong with waiting, especially if there is no pressing need for an immediate upgrade. Keep in mind that Intel is not standing still and will inevitably counter any offering from AMD.

Yeah, I'm sure Intel is frantically working towards trying to beat the same rumors I have posted, but I don't think I'll be able to wait longer than when Zen 2 comes out before I want to upgrade my CPU/MB.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×