iPad pro Programming?

Acceptive
Go to solution Solved by TheStyne,

While there are apps, I actually can't recommend an iPad Pro for a use like this. 

It's great in theory, but I have found in my experience that a laptop for a similar amount of money is a way better deal than the iPad. The iPad is basically just a big phone, so anything you do on the iPad you can already do on your phone. The keyboards for it are generally pretty bad, too. 

Anyway, if that didn't dissuade you, check out this list for some coding apps for iPad.

So I am considering getting the new iPad pro that was just revealed as I need an upgrade from my Galaxy Tab s2.  Anyways To help justify the price I want to do as much as possible on it.  I would love to use it to program on.  Does anyone know if there are apps I can use to program?  I want to do languages such as c, java, c++, python etc.

Or you could get a two in one like the 9575 or Spectre X360 if youre going to spend that much.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

While there are apps, I actually can't recommend an iPad Pro for a use like this. 

It's great in theory, but I have found in my experience that a laptop for a similar amount of money is a way better deal than the iPad. The iPad is basically just a big phone, so anything you do on the iPad you can already do on your phone. The keyboards for it are generally pretty bad, too. 

Anyway, if that didn't dissuade you, check out this list for some coding apps for iPad.

Edited by Fixinit1
Rewording

REMEMBER:

IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND, YOU GOTTA QUOTE ME 

OR

PUT @Fixinit1 IN YOUR RESPONSE!!!!!

Gosh, I hate it when people forget. Anyway, check out my PC below, and there's a PCPartPicker link on my profile, If you wanna see what I'm planning.

Spoiler

SYSTEM SPECS: Finally ditched the Pentium N3540, now I've got the following:

CPU - Ryzen 5 2400G

GPU - 1060 6GB Gigabyte G1 Gaming

RAM - 16GB DDR4 3000mhz Team T-Force Delta RGB

MOTHERBOARD - MSI B350 Tomahawk

PSU - EVGA 450BT

CASE - PHANTEKS  P350X

2 hours ago, Slottr said:

Or you could get a two in one like the 9575 or Spectre X360 if youre going to spend that much.

Ehh I'm kinda looking to get an iPad.  I want something that will last 5-6 years.  Also I really want a tablet and I'm done with Windows.

Just now, Acceptive said:

Ehh I'm kinda looking to get an iPad.  I want something that will last 5-6 years.  Also I really want a tablet and I'm done with Windows.

That might be the worst use for an iPad pro. Or even an iPad in general. 

You could get a 2 in 1 and use linux or even Mac OS  (but that discussion is forbidden)

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Consider a Mac? The iPad can code, but I don't think it would give a great experience. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

2 hours ago, Fixinit1 said:

Thank you!  Coda looks pretty cool.

19 hours ago, Acceptive said:

So I am considering getting the new iPad pro that was just revealed as I need an upgrade from my Galaxy Tab s2.  Anyways To help justify the price I want to do as much as possible on it.  I would love to use it to program on.  Does anyone know if there are apps I can use to program?  I want to do languages such as c, java, c++, python etc.

It's currently not possible to develop apps or programs on a mobile tablet.

You might be able to write some code but you won't be able to test it or compile it.

Your best bet would be just keeping the Tab S2 and buying a laptop.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

2 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

It's currently not possible to develop apps or programs on a mobile tablet.

You might be able to write some code but you won't be able to test it or compile it.

Your best bet would be just keeping the Tab S2 and buying a laptop.

My tab s2 is crapping itself and i need a new tablet, also i already have a laptop to code on.  I'm trying to retire it though and only use an ipad for all mobile stuff.  Also doesn't coda have a compiler?

Just now, Acceptive said:

Also doesn't coda have a compiler?

?

Edit: Because of the rules of Apps on the Apple App Store, it's not possible for applications to compile binaries on the device.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),