Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looking for a case.

davidmeyers18
 Share

Hello, I am looking for a new case to replace my old one. I am willing to spend around 50 euro and get something not great but at least nice. Right now I am looking at Fractal Desing Focus G and Coolermaster K500L. The first one I like the most becasue of the PWM fans but the other one has two 3.0 ports, although the fans are not PWM and I think they will be louder. I don't really care about looks, but I would like it to be as simple as possible, don't really like gamer aesthetic. Thank you all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well do you really care about noise? I don't think it will be loud but then again I don't know what your preferences are. I would personally take the cooler master JUST because of the IO. Then If the noise was an issue, I would replace the fans with Noctua anyways.

"Although there's a problem on the horizon; there's no horizon." - K-2SO

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, davidmeyers18 said:

Hello, I am looking for a new case to replace my old one. I am willing to spend around 50 euro and get something not great but at least nice. Right now I am looking at Fractal Desing Focus G and Coolermaster K500L. The first one I like the most becasue of the PWM fans but the other one has two 3.0 ports, although the fans are not PWM and I think they will be louder. I don't really care about looks, but I would like it to be as simple as possible, don't really like gamer aesthetic. Thank you all.

Based on your preferences, I'd get the Focus G for the PWM fans.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

 RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

you could go with the masterbox 5 lite. For me it works totally fine

Well, it only has a fan and is a "too gamer" for me, but thank you for your suggestion!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Based on your preferences, I'd get the Focus G for the PWM fans.

It seems like the most reasonable option, but any other idea is welcome!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, dj_ripcord said:

Well do you really care about noise? I don't think it will be loud but then again I don't know what your preferences are. I would personally take the cooler master JUST because of the IO. Then If the noise was an issue, I would replace the fans with Noctua anyways.

If a end up buying Noctua fans, it defeats the purpose of buying a 50 euro case. Any option could be to buy a 5.25" bay with more conectivity like this? Or are they not really trust-worthy? https://www.amazon.es/CSL-Panel-frontal-unidades-retrocompatible/dp/B00WK3F6XQ/ref=sr_1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1540932224&sr=1-2&keywords=3.0

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have my build in a focus G and I like it.  The questions is consider are, how important is the quietness of your build to you and how often do you use the front IO ports?  I usually just use the front IO if I an pulling some files of a USB drive.  They are usually empty for me.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing is I am usually moving files from my action camera so I think the 3.0 speed is needed. But I would love to have a case that does not sound like a jet taking off like my actual one does. I have found from another forums some cooler master cases that look incredible and right now I think I am going for a masterbox 5 lite probably. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is going to a computer repair store or something and picking up an old case from a pre-built not an option? that's going to be the cheapest.

† 

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.
 
We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
        In Flanders fields.
 
Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
        In Flanders fields.

 

 

Cry havoc and let slip the Togs of war.  (Signature V3)

 

If you want me to reply, tag me @Tog Driver, Or quote me.

 

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭13:14

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/2/2018 at 6:39 PM, davidmeyers18 said:

The thing is I am usually moving files from my action camera so I think the 3.0 speed is needed. But I would love to have a case that does not sound like a jet taking off like my actual one does. I have found from another forums some cooler master cases that look incredible and right now I think I am going for a masterbox 5 lite probably. 

The masterbox 5 lite has little to no airflow. 

 

The MB500, MB510L and MBB11 would be better options

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

 RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

The masterbox 5 lite has little to no airflow. 

 

The MB500, MB510L and MBB11 would be better options

Nice to know, MB511 and 510L were also on my radar but not MB500. Thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×