CPU's hot even when idle. Something isn't right.

jiow1w.png

yeah this is just after I booted up my pc too. The CPU isn't even being cooled >.> 

The CPU is being cooled, modern CPU's can't survive on no cooling. Is this on stock cooling? The idle temp might end up a bit high on stock coolers. Or the thermal paste could need to be re-applied.

My rig: 2600k(4.2 GHz) w/ Cooler Master hyper 212+, Gigabyte Z68-UD3H-B3, Powercolor 7870 xt(1100/1500) w/AIO mod,

8GB DDR3 1600, 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K SSD, 1TB Seagate, Antec earthwatts 430, NZXT H2

Verified max overclock, just for kicks: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2609399

so i see you have the  Antec 920 Kuhler

cpu cooler applied correct, thermal paste is good?

if so is the pump running, and how about the fans?

and verify the temps with another program like real temp or aida64

Haven't updated my sig. I have a alphacool xt45 480 radiator in pull. With a DDC pump. All fans are running, the pump is on but it's not pumping. The water isn't moving. The CPU waterblock is very hot to the touch. 

Haven't updated my sig. I have a alphacool xt45 480 radiator in pull. With a DDC pump. All fans are running, the pump is on but it's not pumping. The water isn't moving. The CPU waterblock is very hot to the touch. 

Maybe your pump died !

FX 6300 @ 4.2 Gigahurtz 1.325V ,  ASRock 970 Extreme 4 mobo  ,  Kingston Hyperx Blu 2X4GB @1600Mhz  , Asus GTX 960 DCU ii Black OC  , Hyper 212 Evo , Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB , WD 1 TB caviar Green , Xonar DG sound card , Seasonic M12ii Evo 620W PSU , Corsair 200R case ,4 random case fans.

You just answered your own problem

Maybe your pump died !

No shit?

CPU: Intel i7-3770k at 4.8Ghz  CPU Cooling: 320mm UT60  Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD55  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB 2133Mhz (2x8GB)  SSD: Intel 330 Series 120GB  HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Green  GPU: EVGA GTX 780 x2  Sound Card: Creative Recon3D  PSU: Raidmax RX-1000AE 1000W  Case: Arc Midi R2  Monitor: Benq XL2420T at 129Hz  OS: W8 64Bit  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate  Mouse: Logitech MX518  Mousepad: Steelseries QCK+  Headset: Turtlebeach X12 (Temp.)

Maybe your pump died !

Epic bad luck then mate, I've only had it for a day. If that's the case then it's been running dry for like hours. I checked it in the morning after leaving it over night for the leak test. This is tre-bad.

You just answered your own problem

No shit?

Could it be a blockage though?

Epic bad luck then mate, I've only had it for a day. If that's the case then it's been running dry for like hours. I checked it in the morning after leaving it over night for the leak test. This is tre-bad.

Could it be a blockage though?

Are all the power connections to the pump working and is there any restriction before the pump's intake ? 

Have you accidentally overlooked any key connections...........just asking maybe give it a proper check if the pump is dead or not!

FX 6300 @ 4.2 Gigahurtz 1.325V ,  ASRock 970 Extreme 4 mobo  ,  Kingston Hyperx Blu 2X4GB @1600Mhz  , Asus GTX 960 DCU ii Black OC  , Hyper 212 Evo , Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB , WD 1 TB caviar Green , Xonar DG sound card , Seasonic M12ii Evo 620W PSU , Corsair 200R case ,4 random case fans.

Are all the power connections to the pump working and is there any restriction before the pump's intake ? 

Have you accidentally overlooked any key connections...........just asking maybe give it a proper check if the pump is dead or not!

Well it's working now. There had to be a blockage somewhere. There was also a lot of air in the loop. I sort of shook the case a bit and elevated the hose to force water back toward the res and pump which got it going somehow. It was then screeching like there was a lot of air in the pump so I opened the top of the res and  I could hear a small hissing sound so gas was obviously escaping. It all didn't sound too good for about 20 seconds and then it went back to normal. 

I'm pretty sure I've done more damage than good. But I'd rather have to buy another pump in a few months than a cpu.

2exv90n.png

Good.

I would ditch CoreTemp for HW Monitor though.  :P

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

so there was air in your pump so it wasn't moving fluid, meaning it was running without lubrication probably. so you might want to order another one ahead of time.

if your cpu never got over 100C your cpu is fine, but running a pump without fluid can kill it in about a minute.  but maybe the impeller was just air locked  and the bearing was lubed.

CPU will throttle before damage, but that DDC's bearing is probably scorched from running with no fluid.

airlock in was in radiator.

Loops need to be bled of air to allow the pump to operate

Keep an eye on your pump now.

airlock in was in radiator.

Loops need to be bled of air to allow the pump to operate

Keep an eye on your pump now.

no it wasn't, cause if there was air in the rad and not the pump the pump wouldn't have been noisy and a pump with water in it would push water till it sucked air.   this is the reason large industrial C-pumps will sometimes have air bleed valves on them.