Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Corsair SP120 RGB Fans

RKarim

Hello Everyone,

I am looking to buy a Corsair crystal 570x that comes with SP120 fans, and I was wondering if their is any way to get some sort of software control for them. I'd prefer to be able to control the fans within Corsair link or ICUE or some such software. Would their be any way for me to wirse these up so I could do so?

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, RKarim said:

software control

Every MB manufacturer has proprietary software to do this on Support page.

Generally I prefer this to using the fan manufacturer's software/bloatware/tracking program.

14 minutes ago, RKarim said:

Hello Everyone,

I am looking to buy a Corsair crystal 570x that comes with SP120 fans, and I was wondering if their is any way to get some sort of software control for them. I'd prefer to be able to control the fans within Corsair link or ICUE or some such software. Would their be any way for me to wirse these up so I could do so?

Thanks.

Corsair has their light kit and commander pro which will allow what you want to do. It wont be super great since those fans have only preset colors, but you should from my understanding be able to control them via CUE.

Can confirm you can control the SP120 with lighting node pro.  I normally keep everything on white.  But I don't remember if it it acts in preset colors (like the 460x-570x) or if it sweeps the colors.  I feel confident you I could go outside the preset colors with the lighting node from the Corsair LL's. Also the bottom SP120s came from my old 460x

6ZPkT0c.jpg

I checked when I got home from work.  You can control the SP120's with the lighting node, ALSO you can gradually have them sweep colors instead of the defined 6 or 8 colors or whatever like when they are attached to the controller that comes with the case.  

8 hours ago, evilmatchbox said:

I checked when I got home from work.  You can control the SP120's with the lighting node, ALSO you can gradually have them sweep colors instead of the defined 6 or 8 colors or whatever like when they are attached to the controller that comes with the case.  

Ok, I'll go with the lighting node pro. I like the strips that it comes with anyway :).