RGB Fans

nixahs

Hi,

What cheap RGB fans would you guys recommend buying? Should have addressable RGB and preferably with a controller that supports 4 fans. Thanks!

Specs:

Intel Core i5-8400

Gigabyte DSH3

8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4

MSI GTX 960 2GB

WD Green 120GB M.2 Boot SSD

Seagate 1TB SSHD

Corsair CX650

What do you consider cheap?

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

Just now, r2724r16 said:

What do you consider cheap?

Like not extremely expensive I don't have the budget to spending lots on fans

Specs:

Intel Core i5-8400

Gigabyte DSH3

MSI GTX 960 2GB

Seagate 1TB SSHD

Corsair CX650

Just now, nixahs said:

Like not extremely expensive I don't have the budget to spending lots on fans

Why not buy good non-RGB fans rather than crappy RGB ones?

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

1 minute ago, r2724r16 said:

Why not buy good non-RGB fans rather than crappy RGB ones?

I'd rather by budget go towards something that will increase performance since my PC is sat on the floor not on my desk.

Specs:

Intel Core i5-8400

Gigabyte DSH3

MSI GTX 960 2GB

Seagate 1TB SSHD

Corsair CX650

1 minute ago, nixahs said:

I'd rather by budget go towards something that will increase performance since my PC is sat on the floor not on my desk.

then... why rgb if it isnt on your desk? the only time you will see the glow is if you look at the floor... i would just say buy RGB strips, much cheaper and replacable for cheaper, then use the “rgb fan money” for quality, non rgb fan

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Just now, iLostMyXbox21 said:

then... why rgb if it isnt on your desk? the only time you will see the glow is if you look at the floor... i would just say buy RGB strips, much cheaper and replacable for cheaper, then use the “rgb fan money” for quality, non rgb fan

I Have a couple Fractal Design fans already, and because I have a sofa where my setup is and I often have people come and sit behind it and most of them comment on the no RGB :/ petty I know lol

Specs:

Intel Core i5-8400

Gigabyte DSH3

MSI GTX 960 2GB

Seagate 1TB SSHD

Corsair CX650

2 minutes ago, nixahs said:

I Have a couple Fractal Design fans already, and because I have a sofa where my setup is and I often have people come and sit behind it and most of them comment on the no RGB :/ petty I know lol

get some philips hue lamps or something, way more fun to lauch at your friends for having rgb in the case

well still, RGB strips are really cheap, and most plug in with a USB, so you can use the usb port on the back of your PC to power it, 

btw, dont care about what people say about how your pc looks, dont spend too much on cosmetics and instead put that money towards better hardware, then when they say “ha, no rgb” you can show them that your benchmark scores are better.. why? cause you didnt waste money on looks but went for quality instead

well still, RGB strips are really cheap, and most plug in with a USB, so you can use the usb port on the back of your PC to power it, 

btw, dont care about what people say about how your pc looks, dont spend too much on cosmetics and instead put that money towards better hardware, then when they say “ha, no rgb” you can show them that your benchmark scores are better.. why? cause you didnt waste money on looks but went for quality instead

True bro, I have a cheap RGB strip I had around my desk but its decided to stop working, if I can get it to work might cut it down and have it inside my build. I've had my PC for years just had the money to upgrade CPU and this Christmas I will be upgrading to a 1070 then it'll finally be good lol.

Specs:

Intel Core i5-8400

Gigabyte DSH3

MSI GTX 960 2GB

Seagate 1TB SSHD

Corsair CX650

True bro, I have a cheap RGB strip I had around my desk but its decided to stop working, if I can get it to work might cut it down and have it inside my build. I've had my PC for years just had the money to upgrade CPU and this Christmas I will be upgrading to a 1070 then it'll finally be good lol.

lol, however, when you have the best pc on the block, it should be safe to upgrade to rgb.. in my opinion..

edit: by the way, what are you gonna do with your 960? if you are gonna sell it, i might buy.. if not oh well lol ?

Just now, nixahs said:

just to say, 1070 ti is the same price and better performence. take a look into that. and of course you should spend more on raw power. but some looks is never wrong. but I don't think rgb fans are the best way to do it here

5 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

just to say, 1070 ti is the same price and better performence. take a look into that. and of course you should spend more on raw power. but some looks is never wrong. but I don't think rgb fans are the best way to do it here

Do you think that 1070 & 1070ti will go down in price any time soon?

Specs:

Intel Core i5-8400

Gigabyte DSH3

MSI GTX 960 2GB

Seagate 1TB SSHD

Corsair CX650

Just now, nixahs said:

i would say when more and more people buy 1080ti and the rtx series, yeah they will, especially as time goes by and they become older.. i would say give them a year

8 minutes ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

lol, however, when you have the best pc on the block, it should be safe to upgrade to rgb.. in my opinion..

edit: by the way, what are you gonna do with your 960? if you are gonna sell it, i might buy.. if not oh well lol ?

I will be selling my 960 when I upgrade, however I am from the UK and I can see you're in the US :( 

Specs:

Intel Core i5-8400

Gigabyte DSH3

MSI GTX 960 2GB

Seagate 1TB SSHD

Corsair CX650

1 minute ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

i would say when more and more people buy 1080ti and the rtx series, yeah they will, especially as time goes by and they become older.. i would say give them a year

Looking for a quicker upgrade dont think I can wait another year :( I'll look at boxing day and black friday sales lol

Specs:

Intel Core i5-8400

Gigabyte DSH3

MSI GTX 960 2GB

Seagate 1TB SSHD

Corsair CX650

I wouldnt say soon, but if you want to get them brand new, they will be made untill january next year

Just now, nixahs said:

I will be selling my 960 when I upgrade, however I am from the UK and I can see you're in the US :( 

thats an oof lol

Those prices arent that bad. I live in the netherlands. Those prices really suck

1 minute ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

thats an oof lol

If you're willing to pay shipping then I don't mind selling it to you but shipping will be expensive haha

Specs:

Intel Core i5-8400

Gigabyte DSH3

MSI GTX 960 2GB

Seagate 1TB SSHD

Corsair CX650

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

Those prices arent that bad. I live in the netherlands. Those prices really suck

I don't have alot of money to spend though unfortunately

Specs:

Intel Core i5-8400

Gigabyte DSH3

MSI GTX 960 2GB

Seagate 1TB SSHD

Corsair CX650

Just now, nixahs said:

If you're willing to pay shipping then I don't mind selling it to you but shipping will be expensive haha

i gotta go right now, if you dm me we can talk about this later today. sound good?

i gotta go right now, if you dm me we can talk about this later today. sound good?

Sure

Specs:

Intel Core i5-8400

Gigabyte DSH3

MSI GTX 960 2GB

Seagate 1TB SSHD

Corsair CX650

How much do you want to? Ill take a look into pcpartpicker. Also, another 8 gigs wouldnt hurt

2 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

How much do you want to? Ill take a look into pcpartpicker. Also, another 8 gigs wouldnt hurt

Im not sure tbh, whatevers cheap but good quality

Specs:

Intel Core i5-8400

Gigabyte DSH3

MSI GTX 960 2GB

Seagate 1TB SSHD

Corsair CX650