Good DIY-/embedded-electronics sites?

WereCatf

I've used Google+ as my source of news, interesting projects, guides and cool new parts/gadgets/SBCs/Kickstarter-projects/etc., but ever since Google announced that they're gonna shut it down, the amount of spambots in all these topics I care about have exploded. I dunno, it's almost as if Google just said "fuck it" and turned their filters off altogether. Anyways, I figured that with G+ dying, it might be a good idea for me to look for other sources for this stuff. LTT-forums are quite clearly not the place for these topics, but there must be at least some other DIYers here other than me, so... well, would you happen to some some site or something you'd like to recommend? So far I really only have Hackaday that I check on a daily basis.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Sparkfun Forum, Arduino Forum, Spiceworks forum.

• 2 weeks later...

I can say as an engineer, the internet can be a very unfulfilling place when actually looking for in-depth electronics tutorials or DIYs for embedded applications.  It would be cool if there was a one stop shop for that kind of thing.  Maybe we should start such a site!

3 hours ago, ShredBird said:

Maybe we should start such a site!

standards.png

Just replace the word "standards" with "websites." I mean, yes, a one-stop shop for all this kind of stuff would be really nice, but the problem is in getting the critical mass to get everyone else to drop their sites and migrate over. Unless you have the means of getting there, you'd just be adding to the pile of random, DIY-niche websites.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Lol, yeah, that sounds about right.  I wouldn't have time for such an endeavor anyway. ?