Has anyone ever worked with APL

gastew15

I am highly skeptical that anyone here would be old enough and have been able to work with APL, but I'm taking a longshot and hoping for it anyways. I've been researching older computer languages and other history, and APL has really stuck out to me for some reason. I'm just curious if anyone has programed in it at least a fair bit, and if possible I'd be curious to see how it was. I found APL2 2.0 on IBM's website, but I don't really know how close it is. I seems like APL is one of those things that every seems to say they've done, but hardly anyone actually has. Thanks for this strange request... I don't really expect many reply's, but it's alright.

Edit: I'm currently waiting for approval to get to use APL2... It may be higher up than I imagined... It's extremely powerful too.. I can't wait to play around with it if I'm able to.. Still interested on feedback on APL though.

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

I am highly skeptical that anyone here would be old enough and have been able to work with APL, but I'm taking a longshot and hoping for it anyways. I've been researching older computer languages and other history, and APL has really stuck out to me for some reason. I'm just curious if anyone has programed in it at least a fair bit, and if possible I'd be curious to see how it was. I found APL2 2.0 on IBM's website, but I don't really know how close it is. I seems like APL is one of those things that every seems to say they've done, but hardly anyone actually has. Thanks for this strange request... I don't really expect many reply's, but it's alright.

Good luck man, wish I had that love of programming.  Using python makes me want to break stuff. lol

Good luck man, wish I had that love of programming.  Using python makes me want to break stuff. lol

Why? Python is an easy but powerful language

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Why? Python is an easy but powerful language

Idk I guess I don't have enough patients for programming lol.  I remember something not working, because I spelled shit instead of shift and spent awhile looking over it.

Idk I guess I don't have enough patients for programming lol.  I remember something not working, because I spelled shit instead of shift and spent awhile looking over it.

Well that's most of programing right there... It's finding errors and problem solving.

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

Well that's most of programing right there... It's finding errors and problem solving.

Exactly and thats why it feels me with rage. lol I only had a basic class and I created GUI pretty well, but other than that I didn't have thousands of lines of code.