Extra Phone for Mobile Legends

forregacc02

Hi guys,

I'm looking for an extra phone to play mobile legends with. My primary phone is an iPhone SE which I really like. I play mobile legends with it, and I get a constant 60 FPS on low settings, and 60 FPS with occasional frame drops on high settings with character frame on. It's a well and good gaming experience for me, but I play several hours per day. Thus, I'd like to get a separate phone for it to preserve my iPhone SE as much, since it's my favorite phone.

I don't have a specific budget in mind, but I'd like to spend less if possible. The main considerations for me are the SoC and Screen Resolution. I also play on the lowest settings for competitive reasons. I also have an iPhone 6 Plus and a Huawei P10 to play it with, but either phone is a dreadful experience.

iPhone 6 Plus - Lowest Settings: 60 FPS during the start of the game, tons of frame drops during clash, and occasional severe lagging.

Huawei P10 - Lowest Settings: Sickening frame spikes between 20 to 60 FPS. Very bad experience to play with. I wonder why this phone can't play ML at constant 60 FPS. Maybe ML doesn't play well with Mali GPU?

My goal here is to get a constant 60 FPS on the lowest settings. As for the phones I consider on getting, here's the list.

1.) Xiaomi Redmi 5 32gb (PHP 6,890) - Snapdragon 450 on 720p. It doesn't support the game's high frame rate mode by default, so I have to mod it still, but I'm hoping the SoC + Screen Resolution would get me constant 60 FPS at the lowest settings.

2.) Realme 2 Pro (Not yet available for purchase. Probably around 12k PHP on launch) - Snapdragon 660 on 1080p. A Snapdragon 660 is the lowest I would get on 1080p since benchmarks suggest that a Snapdragon 450 on 720p beats a 625, 630, and 636 on 1080p in terms of FPS. I'm also trying to avoid the Helio P22 on 720p and Helio P60 on 1080p since the Snapdragon counterparts seems to do better.

3.) Pocophone F1 (PHP 17,490) - Snapdragon 845 on 1080p. I'm sure it would get a constant 60 FPS due to it's powerful SoC, but I'm trying to get a good gaming value, thus the considerations of the two prior phones.

4.) Samsung Galaxy S8 (PHP 24,000) - Exynos 8895, can be set to 720p. I've had one before, but sold it due to battery issues. 24k for new is a good deal, I kinda miss it now.

How on earth does the SE do better than the iPhone 6 Plus, that makes almost no sense unless the battery is hard-throttling in the 6 Plus or the lower resolution and screen size give the SE the edge in gaming.  

Here's a thought: get a Razer Phone as they're getting clearanced out by most Best Buy's (and they're on Swappa and eBay) and get 120Hz and a high-clocked SD835 with liquid cooling.

Just now, LogicWeasel said:

How on earth does the SE do better than the iPhone 6 Plus, that makes almost no sense unless the battery is hard-throttling in the 6 Plus or the lower resolution and screen size give the SE the edge in gaming.  

Here's a thought: get a Razer Phone as they're getting clearanced out by most Best Buy's (and they're on Swappa and eBay) and get 120Hz and a high-clocked SD835 with liquid cooling.

6 plus has A7 bionic, se and 6s has a8.