Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

C drive full and need help

Crazymacc
 Share

6b527da2462ee5955b949d2c0181513a.png.8e57def75405de1635b0f897f5826b2a.png

 

As you can see my C drive is basically full. I really couldn't find anything to remove. Any tips on how to reduce this would be great.

Also could I transfer my files to my D drive straight away.

 

Cheers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Download a program called ccleaner, free up some space, maybe not enough though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Si1veRYT said:

Download a program called ccleaner, free up some space, maybe not enough though.

Yea i have tried this but it doesn't free much space up. Could I hypothetically move my files to my d drive?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Crazymacc said:

Yea i have tried this but it doesn't free much space up. Could I hypothetically move my files to my d drive?

yes, depending on which files, dont move the os (obviously), im assuming that your c drive is an ssd, and your d drive is a hdd. if you have steam games install a program to move the game here: http://www.traynier.com/software/steammover . you will have to change the default library in steam. What files take up most of your storage? Programs, documents games?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Crazymacc said:

Yea i have tried this but it doesn't free much space up. Could I hypothetically move my files to my d drive?

Why wouldn't you be able to move your files? It should be just that simple.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Si1veRYT said:

yes, depending on which files, dont move the os (obviously), im assuming that your c drive is an ssd, and your d drive is a hdd. if you have steam games install a program to move the game here: http://www.traynier.com/software/steammover . you will have to change the default library in steam. What files take up most of your storage? Programs, documents games?

https://gyazo.com/580b2af2e6eef41d80776735a9b3dfda

 

https://gyazo.com/ad3be47bd563fd9d2c91132ad39a4488

 

Thats literally it. I am just confused about how that could use so much  space.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Crazymacc said:

https://gyazo.com/580b2af2e6eef41d80776735a9b3dfda

 

https://gyazo.com/ad3be47bd563fd9d2c91132ad39a4488

 

Thats literally it. I am just confused about how that could use so much  space.

which specific folders are taking up the most space, theres a program called treesize which is very useful for showing size of folders and can analyze what takes up most storage

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Si1veRYT said:

Download a program called ccleaner, free up some space, maybe not enough though.

CCleaner should be used a final resort. 

 

6 minutes ago, Crazymacc said:

https://gyazo.com/580b2af2e6eef41d80776735a9b3dfda

 

https://gyazo.com/ad3be47bd563fd9d2c91132ad39a4488

 

Thats literally it. I am just confused about how that could use so much  space.

I see that you have a 'Rockstar Games folder', which to me says that you have games installed on that drive which may be hogging space. Also you have an 'Epic Games' folder hinting you have Fortnite installed as well. And Stearm, and Ubisoft... 

 

Quote

"I really couldn't find anything to remove"

You also have a few editing program files for Boris FX & Adobe. Microsoft Office Suite & Avast Anti Virus also will take up a lot of space

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, EnergyEclipse said:

CCleaner should be used a final resort. 

 

I see that you have a 'Rockstar Games folder', which to me says that you have games installed on that drive which may be hogging space.

 

You also have a few editing program files for Boris FX & Adobe. Microsoft Office Suite & Avast Anti Virus also will take up a lot of space

I have a hdd and an ssd, i have the rockstar folder on my ssd but the game on the hdd. I dont think the game is installed there :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, EnergyEclipse said:

CCleaner should be used a final resort. 

  

I see that you have a 'Rockstar Games folder', which to me says that you have games installed on that drive which may be hogging space. Also you have an 'Epic Games' folder hinting you have Fortnite installed as well.

  

You also have a few editing program files for Boris FX & Adobe. Microsoft Office Suite & Avast Anti Virus also will take up a lot of space

I don't have the games installed, they are just the game launchers, not the games themselves.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

If I try to copy the files to my hdd and then delete them from my c drive it doesn't let me. It says the folder program files is in use, yet it is closed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like you may have solved your problem. But in case this happens again, but not with CSGO stuff, you can change the location of your dekstop folder, documents folder, etc by right-clicking and going to properties>location. This can free up TONS of space, depending on use case.

Primary PC: - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8G3tXv (Windows 10 Home)

HTPC: - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KdBb4n (Windows 10 Home)
Server: Dell Precision T7500 - Dual Xeon X5660's, 44GB ECC DDR3, Dell Nvidia GTX 645 (Windows Server 2019 Standard)      

*SLI Rig* - i7-920, MSI-X58 Platinum SLI, 12GB DDR3, Dual EVGA GTX 260 Core 216 in SLI - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GHw6vW (Windows 7 Pro)

HP DC7900 - Core 2 Duo E8400, 4GB DDR2, Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT (Windows Vista)

Compaq Presario 5000 - Pentium 4 1.7Ghz, 1.7GB SDR, PowerColor Radeon 9600 Pro (Windows XP x86 Pro)
Compaq Presario 8772 - Pentium MMX 200Mhz, 48MB PC66, 6GB Quantum HDD, "8GB" HP SATA SSD adapted to IDE (Windows 98 SE)

Asus M32AD - Intel i3-4170, 8GB DDR3, 250GB Seagate 2.5" HDD (converting to SSD soon), EVGA GeForce GTS 250, OEM 350W PSU (Windows 10 Core)

*Haswell Tower* https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3vw6vW (Windows 10 Home)

*ITX Box* - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/r36s6R (Windows 10 Education)

Dell Dimension XPS B800 - Pentium 3 800Mhz, RDRAM

In progress projects:

*Skylake Tower* - Pentium G4400, Asus H110

*Trash Can* - AMD A4-6300

*GPU Test Bench*

*Pfsense router* - Pentium G3220, Asrock H97m Pro A4, 4GB DDR3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Eastman51 said:

It looks like you may have solved your problem. But in case this happens again, but not with CSGO stuff, you can change the location of your dekstop folder, documents folder, etc by right-clicking and going to properties>location. This can free up TONS of space, depending on use case.

Thanks very much, will do that too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×