should i clean my rads before use?

if so, what should i use and should i clean cpu block aswell?

if you are reading this you are wasting valuable time and should maybe rethink your life choices.

Yes. Always 

Mixture of 9 parts boiling water 1 part vinegar and let it sit for a few minutes. You can use tap water for this.

Rinse with tap and final rinse with distilled or coolant of choice to finish. 

Disassemble the block and clean with a soft tooth brush with soap, vinegar, or ketchup, follow the same procedure as above. If the block is new, a simple rinse will do. 

Error: 410

You have to rinse your loop anyways. If there is dust on the fins use a can of compressed air to clean it out.

Quote me to get a reply!

I heard your supposed to run hot water through them to get all of the possible residue out

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

i would definetly recomend it... 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

singularity computers may have a video about it. I have watched builds of his where he talks about cleaning out the loop

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

i put a compression fitting (barb same thing) on the rad and a piece of tubing, than i have an adapter for the kitchen tap hook it up and let water blast full force :) u can also easily go from hot and cold

post-52191-0-84204800-1389064611_thumb.j

• 4 weeks later...

Yes. Always 

Mixture of 9 parts boiling water 1 part vinegar and let it sit for a few minutes. You can use tap water for this.

Rinse with tap and final rinse with distilled or coolant of choice to finish. 

Disassemble the block and clean with a soft tooth brush with soap, vinegar, or ketchup, follow the same procedure as above. If the block is new, a simple rinse will do. 

+1 ! New rads do have metal shavings and debris left over inside.

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

i put a compression fitting (barb same thing) on the rad and a piece of tubing, than i have an adapter for the kitchen tap hook it up and let water blast full force :) u can also easily go from hot and cold

This is a VERY bad idea, please don't do this. The components in your loop are not meant to withstand such high water pressure/flow rates.

This is a VERY bad idea, please don't do this. The components in your loop are not meant to withstand such high water pressure/flow rates.

Rads nowadays can withstand 25psi IIRC... I don't think tap water can burst the pipes? Unless otherwise using a industrial pump.

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

in my country house hold water pressure is up to about 100psi, but it varies. normally 20-50psi

but yes clean your rad,  I filled my sink  with hot soapy water and circulated it through my rads until it cooled off, like 2 hours, I used a syphon pump to prime my circ pump.  didn't care about filings so much since I planed and do use a inline filter before my pump.