Need a build for gaming and music production

Im looking to build a computer around black friday and i need it capable of playing fortnite at 60 fps or more and loading in the buildings before landing and music production.

I need a cpu that can handle 8 midi/audio tracks and a butt load of plug ins.

I dont have a set budget but i dont want to go above 500 Canadian dollars. I will most likely buy storage devices, case, power supply, and kb and mouse on black Friday and buy whatever cpu+mobo+ram i get recommended. 

1 minute ago, nobarshandler said:

Im a console peasant.

no problem, just some light trolling

Welcome to the forum!

so 60fps can be obtainable for really cheap if you want to play with lowest settings. What kind of budget do you have?

For audio stuff like abelton you will need a fast SSD a nvme Samsung Evo pro 970 is great. And it loads the plugins very fast. I would recommend a ryzen build with that ssd and whatever gfx card you can afford.

CPU:R9 3900x@4.5Ghz RAM:Vengeance Pro LPX @ 3200mhz MOBO:MSI Tomohawk B350 GPU:PNY GTX 1080 XLR8

DRIVES:500GB Samsung 970 Pro + Patriot Blast 480GB x2 + 12tb RAID10 NAS

MONITORS:Pixio PX329 32inch 1440p 165hz, LG 34UM68-p 1080p 75hz

6 minutes ago, Derrk said:

no problem, just some light trolling

Welcome to the forum!

so 60fps can be obtainable for really cheap if you want to play with lowest settings. What kind of budget do you have?

Im looking to spend no more than $500/$600 Canadian.

6 minutes ago, JohnDongus said:

For audio stuff like abelton you will need a fast SSD a nvme Samsung Evo pro 970 is great. And it loads the plugins very fast. I would recommend a ryzen build with that ssd and whatever gfx card you can afford.

What ryzen cpu would you recommend? Ill using ableton live 9 and a ableton push 2.

5 minutes ago, nobarshandler said:

Im looking to spend no more than $500/$600 Canadian.

What ryzen cpu would you recommend? Ill using ableton live 9 and a ableton push 2.

This is without a case. I'm not sure what the current conversion is between USD and CAD but we can edit this list. a 970 evo is going to be really hard to add to this build with your budget

570 is a waste of money considerring the 580 is only a little more and offers a noticable advantage.  Also, I’d go with a silicon power 480gb ssd, only 60 bucks on newegg.  that eill let you store all active project files on your ssd.

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.

23 minutes ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

570 is a waste of money considerring the 580 is only a little more and offers a noticable advantage.  Also, I’d go with a silicon power 480gb ssd, only 60 bucks on newegg.  that eill let you store all active project files on your ssd.

Well, his budget does not allow him the freedom to purchase those items. Also, 570s are still decent GPUs. 

28 minutes ago, Derrk said:

Since the B350M may need a bios update for that cpu, I would just stick with getting something like this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FWVJSHC/?tag=pcpapi-20 . Also, its an iffy on the armor card; however, in this situation, I think it'll be a fine option, as long as the OP gets good air flow for the case. Also maybe switch the psu with the cx450w psu, which is only $20 including the MIB. 

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

33 minutes ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

570 is a waste of money considerring the 580 is only a little more and offers a noticable advantage.

people be out here really having budgets

Ignore the HDD most people are suggesting. I'd you are doing alot on abelton and related programs you want a large SSD. Even if you have to skinp out on other parts it will def be worth it 

CPU:R9 3900x@4.5Ghz RAM:Vengeance Pro LPX @ 3200mhz MOBO:MSI Tomohawk B350 GPU:PNY GTX 1080 XLR8

DRIVES:500GB Samsung 970 Pro + Patriot Blast 480GB x2 + 12tb RAID10 NAS

MONITORS:Pixio PX329 32inch 1440p 165hz, LG 34UM68-p 1080p 75hz

I just recreated the list on the Canadian site and the price for the cpu+mobo+ram comes up to $403. The gpu retails for $300 but i might be able to get a 2nd hand 570 8gb for $150.

Im not too worried about the other components since they're most likely to go on sale during black friday/cyber monday.