Programs "semi freezing" after reformat

0ptiC

Hi.
New to the forums, long time viewer.
This might not be a very complex issue, but there are a lot of circumstances so I'll try to keep it as short as possible.

To start with the specs:

Asus Maximus VII Hero (BIOS version 3201)

Inte i7 4790K

16GB DDR3

1080ti OC

2x Crucial M4 SATA SSD 

1x Crucial M400 SATA SSD

Note: the three SATA SSDs above are in a RAID 0 configuration for convenience sake.

1x Samsung Evo 960 m.2

Windows 10 Home 64 with all the latest updates that I'm aware of.

No virus and no malware.

I decided to upgrade the system with an m.2 via an PCI-e x4 adapter card and install Win 10 to it.

Which worked great after I upgraded my BIOS.

All was fine and dandy like all fairy tales until I noticed that a .txt file in Notepad++ was unresponsive. Couldn't close it on the x, but I could minimize and resize the window. Had to terminate it via the task manager.

After the dust had settled with all the installations and configurations done, I sat down for a gaming session. I noticed TeamSpeak behaved the same way. I heard people connecting and joining our channel, leaving and chit-chatting, though they visibly weren't.

My friends could hear me and I could hear them, but I couldn't interact with the software. Again I had to terminate via task manager.

I started running some tests to see how long it took for it to freeze this way and the times were all between 5 and 50 seconds.

At this point I had reinstalled it several times, ran a DISM and an sfc. Nothing.
I decided to reboot. [Insert magic sound effect here]. Problems gone... or so I thought. Today when I booted up it behaved the same way again. So I rebooted again. So for now the issue is gone, but I suspect it will return once the system has been properly powered down.

Of course I tried google, but to no avail.

And why are only these two programs affected? Chrome, steam, games, and Windows itself works flawlessly, so why TS3 and Notepad++?

Anyone with a brilliant idea?

Thanks,

0ptiC