Need help updating Sata controller

jakjakattack

Hi,

My computer has been freezing for a couples of months now, just randomly, sometimes in the middle of a game sometimes while I'm just browsing. This issue seemed to started happening after I installed my ssd and started booting off of it, after doing a clean windows install. It had never gone to a blue screen so I didn't know what the issue was but today I let it sit for a while and it eventually went through a diagnostics blue screen. Then it told me I had a DPC watchdog violation. Upon looking this up I see that i have storahci.sys drivers in my Standard SATA AHCI Controller, but every website told me I needed iaStorA.sys drivers and I am not quite sure how to install them. Please help. 

Thanks

Hell jakjakattack,

Something you may want to know is that the standard for SATA is implemented very well in our computers nowadays, manufacturers build system under these standards and is so much integrated that users don't require to do updates or look for drivers, it has been like this for years already (or decades if you prefer). Looking up a driver for the SATA standard sounds a little awkward because you don't really have to, and I guess this is the main reason why you are having so much difficulties finding one link to download the file, manufacturers don't release new drivers or work on developing new drivers for SATA, it is there already (Because is the standard used worldwide).

You don't have to look for SATA drivers because it comes with the systems but you what you can do is open the device manager and open the options "IDE ATA/ATAPI CONTROLLERS" > Right click the controller > Choose Update driver. And also do the same under "Storage Devices", update everything that says "Intel".

Image result for update ide atapi controllers

ghAYxKi.png

Now that the controllers are up-to-date please look for a firmware update in your manufacturer website, look for the BIOS firmware update and the drive FW update... What are the make and models of your equipment? You may be having a different type of problem... 

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

On 10/23/2018 at 10:17 AM, seagate_surfer said:

I did as you recommended for the Standard SATA AHCI Controller and it said it was already up to date and I have no intel components in my system. I have an older motherboard (gigabyte HT3.0 AM3+) and gigabyte doesn't seem to have any firmware updates for it as far as I can see. And there are also no firmware updates for my crucial bx300 240gb either. I also did a memory check and my memory is fine. It just happened again and I am kind of at a loss about what to do. 

Edit: Thats not the name of the motherboard, I'm trying to figure out what its called rn.