My GPU Usage is low but CPU usage is high

MasonPerea

I have a ryzen 3 1200, gtx 1050ti oc, b350m mortar, 2x4gb Kingston hyperx ram and my 1050ti is using anywhere from 20-80% and my cpu is at 100% the whole time in game but my frame rates are terrible and dip a lot. My temps are good and I’m only using medium settings on 720p 60hz in fortnite

Up that resolution to 1080p.
What you're describing is a CPU bottleneck; basically, your GPU is twiddling its thumbs waiting for the CPU to send it the data it needs to render the next frame. The higher the resolution, the smaller the bottleneck. Your 1050Ti should be able to handle 1080p no problem.

Why aren't you playing at 1080p high

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

At 1080p you should look at 36 to 42 FPS on high settings, your CPU is being bottlenecked I suspect it's either your RAM faults or the 720p resolution. Tell us your RAM model and try using 1080p resolution

I have an i3-7100, a dual-core CPU and a evga 1050TI slightly overclocked and I run 60FPS on medium-high settings on 1080p

I'm gonna go find my own tech support...

with BLACKJACK and HOOKERS!

(Welcome to LTT Forums)