Unable to boot Windows 7 in Multiboot

Nightstrider101

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry if there's already a thread on this.

This morning, when I went to boot my pc, I was immediately logged into Windows 10, and I wasn't given the option to choose windows 7 like normal. I thought this was strange, and when I checked the drive with windows 7 on, all the files showed up. I restarted my pc and now windows 7 will not boot. I believe it has changed the active partition to the windows 7 partition it won't boot windows 7 (I tried changing it back to Windows 10, didn't work). When I use the ASUS EZ Flash 2 (ASUS bios updater) I see my windows 7 profile and all it's components.

So my problem is:
1. Windows 7 is missing and I can only access windows 10

Please help,
Thanks
Nightstrider101

Specs:

Asus P7PP5 LX motherboard
Windows 7 Home premium (x64 bit)

WIndows 10 Home (x64 bit)

Nvidia GeForce 750ti windforce

8GB ram

1TB hard drive - three partitions.  D Drive: System Reserved, C drive: Windows 10, E drive: Windows 7 and main files, etc (the vault as I like to call it: LTT inspired)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

A bit of an update, I managed to find the profile (windows 10 hid it and even though it was set to show hidden files that one wasn't showing up) in C:/ Users but Windows 7 still won't show up.

this is one of those scenarios where i have to make guesses since im not standing right there :(. i've read similar issues so maybe i can help. 

first thing if you're cool with it, reset the bios settings back to default and see if it shows up during boot. worth a try i suppose

if thats not the issue, boot into windows 10 and open whatever program u use to manage your partitions and see if FOR SOME REASON the windows 7 partitions has been changed to the GPT instead of MBR. it really sounds like something with the partition is goofy

Hi DukeJukem,

I tried resetting the BIOS and that didn't work. Also the disk is set to MBR and none are GPT. Something I noticed is that all 3 partition are marked as primary partitions but the Windows 10 also has: System, Boot, Page File, Active and Crash Dump in brackets as well as Primary Partition, would this cause a problem possibly? I have tried setting the win 7 partition to active before and then the computer stopped booting entirely. Could it possibly be a Win 7 issue? I did scans on the drives and partition and nothing showed up.