Mapped network drive

Hello all,

I have 2 qnap Nas systems in my house I have them both mapped to windows the issue is when I log onto windows it won't connect to any of the nas systems because it won't remember my credentials. What would be a good fix for this ?

8 minutes ago, Drizard said:

Hello all,

I have 2 qnap Nas systems in my house I have them both mapped to windows the issue is when I log onto windows it won't connect to any of the nas systems because it won't remember my credentials. What would be a good fix for this ?

You should be able to get it to remember your credentials by ticking the appropriate box on the screen that prompts for your username / password to map the drive in the first place. This may vary slightly depending on the version of Windows you're running, but I know I have the option for this in Windows 10. More information can be found on Microsoft's forums at the link below.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-networking/attached-network-drive-does-not-remember/2d87c52e-fd24-4984-b824-2e3828980cba?auth=1

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

9 minutes ago, Drizard said:

Hello all,

Do you have the nas credentials stored in Credentials Manager using the same URI scheme as the mapping?

For example, if you map it using the form \\NAS\*share*, make sure there's a credential stored for the URI \\NAS\. If you map it using IP address, make sure there's a credential stored for the URI \\ip address\. That should work for your account across login/logoff and reboots. It may require being set manually for each account on your machine though.

If you are still having issues after the above recommendations, you can make a script that remaps the drive when you start up the computer. Copy this into note pad and fill in your info. Save as a .bat file and put it in the startup folder. You can test the .bat file by running it.

echo off

net use "drive letter": /delete

net use "drive letter": \\"server name or ip"\"share name" /user:"user name" "password"

exit

Example

echo off

net use M: /delete

net use M: \\MyNAS\Share /user:ThisGuy password123

exit