Radiator thickness and temp differences

I've got a loop currently with 2x EK 240mm PE 40mm radiators with a 8700k running at 5GHz OC and dual 1080TIs in a single loop.

I've planned an upgrade to change out the coolant and switch one of the radiators to a 360mm, but I'm now wondering something:

Does the thickness of the radiator play a large difference (like several degrees) in terms of effective cooling? I'm running mid 60C on the CPU under full load and low 50C when the GPUs are under load. I don't expect the longer radiator to add a large drop to the temps, but would dropping to a 30mm thick radiator but a longer radiator effectively negate itself (not quite certain how the math would play out here, especially considering more airflow through the fins), and so keeping a 30mm provide in theory a difference, but in practice probably not, so would the extra $20 to get the same thickness be wasteful?

I expect it's a "your mileage may vary" so my theory is that it should really be about the same in my particular setup, just rather get opinions from more experienced folk.

Asking since I did get a PE 360mm but I discovered a leak in it (it's underneath the casing after I put fans + fittings on, and I used their screws with Corsair ML fans so I'm certain I didn't puncture it, esp since I used the same fans on the 240mm with no issue and the leak seems to be on the opposite side) and so will have to RMA it. Since I'm in the US and I don't expect the RMA to be easily done, I'm looking at if I should change the part I get this time as well.

51 minutes ago, Derrk said:

More surface area = more cooling

FPI (fins per inch)  is more important IMO.  thin rad and low fpi are for tight(Small) cases and low air flow (quiet af fans)

doesn't mean they don't do their job,  just that its more their design/purpose if you want to look at it that way.

and FPI directly affects total surface area

thicc and tall is always better

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB