Is my graphics card dying?

Hello, I've had my gpu for about 3 years now. It's a Gainward GTX 970 that has been running at stock and only used for gaming and video rendering.

Recently I've had some issues with it, While in games my computer would randomly crash giving me a blackscreen and a weird noise in my headphones. After rebooting the computer everything would be fine again. These crashes would occur maybe once a day. Then one time after a crash I decided to update my nvidia drivers. Whilst updating the drivers my screen went black and wouldn't turn on again for a long time so i rebooted my computer using the powerbutton. After that my computer now has problems displaying anything on the monitor. Sometimes it will let me get into Windows but then shortly after, the screen goes black once again and I can hear that windows popup sound like when you remove a USB device from the computer.

It is very inconsistent and will only let me get in to Windows let alone the BIOS every now and then. I did borrow a friends RX580 which worked just fine and even let me play games without any crashes. Is it my 970 that is faulty or is it something else?

15 hours ago, Fortnite said:

Hello, I've had my gpu for about 3 years now. It's a Gainward GTX 970 that has been running at stock and only used for gaming and video rendering.

Recently I've had some issues with it, While in games my computer would randomly crash giving me a blackscreen and a weird noise in my headphones. After rebooting the computer everything would be fine again. These crashes would occur maybe once a day. Then one time after a crash I decided to update my nvidia drivers. Whilst updating the drivers my screen went black and wouldn't turn on again for a long time so i rebooted my computer using the powerbutton. After that my computer now has problems displaying anything on the monitor. Sometimes it will let me get into Windows but then shortly after, the screen goes black once again and I can hear that windows popup sound like when you remove a USB device from the computer.

It is very inconsistent and will only let me get in to Windows let alone the BIOS every now and then. I did borrow a friends RX580 which worked just fine and even let me play games without any crashes. Is it my 970 that is faulty or is it something else?

have you tried going back to older drivers if you have tried this then it might just be that your graphics card has done all it can for you