31.5 LG 1440p G-Sync 144hz monitor

SSJGodemis

Hey fellow gamers, 

So over the last couple weeks I have been trying and testing out new monitors as I grew tired of 4k and its terrible windows scaling. I tried a 1440p Ultrawide monitor and while it was nice, the black bars in cut scenes really ruined the immersive feeling in the majority of games. Plus, finding fixes for games because devs are too lazy grew tiresome. 

I found this monitor https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078TTXLW5/ref=twister_B07GPGKDSD?_encoding=UTF8&th=1 on sale for $550 open box. So I gave it a try. While, it does have about 14% less PPI than a standard 27 inch 1440p IPS monitor, I never feel like it looked pixelated like a 27 inch 1080p monitor. Some games dont look quiet as sharp but it does not bother me as the screen size is truly immersive.  

I have to say in the past I felt like G-Sync was a gimmick but wow its great. Im playing Vampyr which is overall  pretty awfully optimized. RTSS shows only 48% GPU utilization causing the FPS to sometimes even hit sub 60fps. However, the FPS drops dont have that stutter feeling. Sure, I know the game is moving slower but no stutter makes a world of difference and at least makes the game playable. 

In games that have proper optimization and are bit less demanding 144hz is a true dream. Overwatch and Rainbow Six Siege are buttery smooth. When I dropped settings down to 60fps it instantly felt slower and less responsive. Similar from going from 60fps to 30fps. Pretty wild.  While the monitor does support an OC to 165hz. I found the best place for it as 144hz. 

Overall, if you are interested in a new monitor, I recommend it. Especially if you want an immersive experience with some great features. 

| Ryzen R9 3900x Enermax LIQTECH II 360  | Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero| Nivida FE RTX 2080 Ti | Corsair Vengeance 16gb @3200MHZ | Crucial 500 GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue SSD| Corsair HX 750w  Platinum+ |Corsair Carbide Spec-Omega| Gigabyte Arous 27QD 1440p 144hz

For gaming I have found the 32, 16:9, 1440p, 144hz monitor size and format to be spot on personally.

I love my monitor,

https://www.asus.com/uk/Monitors/ROG-Strix-XG32VQ/

CPU Intel i7 8700K @5Ghz Motherboard ROG Maximus Hero 10 RAM Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz 

GPU MSI Gaming X 1080ti Case Thermaltake Core P3  Storage SSD Boot plus Samsung 960 Evo M.2 nvme storage 

PSU Corsair RM750W Gold Display Asus ROG Strix XG32VQ 144Hz 1440p Cooling Corsair H100i V2 

Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK FX Mouse Roccat Kone Aimo Audio MK3 Fostex T50RP + Schiit Magni 3 AMP and Modi 2 DAC 
Operating System Win 10

VR HTC Vive, Audio Strap Motion Platform DOF Reality 2 DOF

4 minutes ago, ShoshinUK said:

For gaming I have found the 32, 16:9, 1440p, 144hz monitor size and format to be spot on personally.

I love my monitor,

https://www.asus.com/uk/Monitors/ROG-Strix-XG32VQ/

Awesome! I was looking at the Acer G-Sync model also. I could not find many reviews on it so I instead went with the LG model. 

| Ryzen R9 3900x Enermax LIQTECH II 360  | Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero| Nivida FE RTX 2080 Ti | Corsair Vengeance 16gb @3200MHZ | Crucial 500 GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue SSD| Corsair HX 750w  Platinum+ |Corsair Carbide Spec-Omega| Gigabyte Arous 27QD 1440p 144hz

I have to agree that as of the moment, 31.5", 1440p, 144hz 16:9 is absolutely the best for me at the least.

I unfortunately do not have a G-sync one and I use gtx but even without the adaptive sync it is phenomenal.

I personally have the samsung c32hg70 and even though it is VA panel and not IPS, the colors with the QLED filter look outstanding.