Remote Deaktop from Mac to Ubuntu

Hello Ubuntu Users,

I am having problems with Remote Desktop from Mac to Ubuntu. 

What I want to do:

I have a MacBook Pro and a Desktop with Ubuntu. The Desktop does not have a mouse, keyboard and a monitor. I want to connect to the Desktop from my Mac via ethernet and use the Desktop GUI. So basically I want a Remote Desktop connection via ethernet. 

I don’t want to use the ssh -X because I want to the full desktop gui. 

Could someone please give me a how to for this or point to a how to. 

Thank you.

LTT has been previously sponsored by synergy which is suposed to do exactly this.
Disclaimer: I have never used it but i would give it a try.

Have you considered some sort of 'teamviewer' software?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

Synergy does NOT cover the lack of a monitor.

On the Linux box you need to enable the FB-Dev x-windows output driver and setup a VNC server that runs as a system service.

AFAIK, Macs use VNC for their built in remote desktop software.  So you should just be able to use that to connect to the Linux box once it is configured.

At least this was the case in OS X 10.3-10.5, which is all I have access to.  The only Macs I have are ~2005 PowerMacs.