My cheap earbuds are having an issue...

Aaron_Blue01
Go to solution Solved by Canada EH,

Buy from The Source (Old Radio Shack) and you can replace them for free for the first year, unlimited, I have replaced mine 4 times now. After the first year you have 2 replacements, mine is up in Feb so I plan to replace them no matter what at the end of Jan. You walk in, they have you on file, you hand them your bad ear phones, they walk over and grab the same model, they hand it over and you walk out. I bought the cheap house brand Nexxtech. I used to buy the cheap ones at Winners. 3 or 4 a year at $8. Not no more, only The Source old Radio Shack for now on.

20 minutes ago, Aaron_Blue01 said:

Is it possible for them to just stop isolating noise and increase the amount of sound that goes out instead of in?

They are cheap ear phones, if they lasted a year you are doing well. Cheap ear phones dont last, they design them that way on purpose.

I didn't expect much out of my earbuds when I got them during the summer but they had seemed to have held up pretty well. However, this apparently wasn't the case because a few days ago the left side started sounding funny. Not only that but people can now hear what's coming out of them easily as if the sound is going outward, away from my ears, instead of inward, into my ears. Is it possible for them to just stop isolating noise and increase the amount of sound that goes out instead of in? The left side sounds so bad that I thought my ear was clogged. It's almost like the earbuds are inside my ears, playing sound in an outward direction. Is this just because they are broken or is there something I'm missing here? 

Alsl, I thought I should add that these aren't expensive earbuds. They were like $9 Panasonic earbuds. I would just like to find out what happened to them.

Edited by Aaron_Blue01

Check my profile information. Lol

Buy from The Source (Old Radio Shack) and you can replace them for free for the first year, unlimited, I have replaced mine 4 times now. After the first year you have 2 replacements, mine is up in Feb so I plan to replace them no matter what at the end of Jan. You walk in, they have you on file, you hand them your bad ear phones, they walk over and grab the same model, they hand it over and you walk out. I bought the cheap house brand Nexxtech. I used to buy the cheap ones at Winners. 3 or 4 a year at $8. Not no more, only The Source old Radio Shack for now on.

20 minutes ago, Aaron_Blue01 said:

Is it possible for them to just stop isolating noise and increase the amount of sound that goes out instead of in?

They are cheap ear phones, if they lasted a year you are doing well. Cheap ear phones dont last, they design them that way on purpose.

There is a reason they are called "cheap".  It's because they are.

7 hours ago, kb5zue said:

There is a reason they are called "cheap".  It's because they are.

In conclusion; this reply was pointless. XD 

jk

Check my profile information. Lol