Im planning on building my first PC, Help!

Im planing on buying my first pc and needed help on how to choose the best setup. If you have a better product for the ~same price, please do help me.

What i have on my buying list is: 

amd ryzen 5: https://www.amazon.com.mx/dp/B06XNRQHG4/?coliid=I37290CILNGC32&colid=PF6PTTKN5STE&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

ASUS ROG Strix B350-F: https://www.amazon.com.mx/dp/B071SGQP1Q/?coliid=I2Z63F5OKN8JXQ&colid=PF6PTTKN5STE&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

or

ASUS ROG STRIX B250H: https://www.amazon.com.mx/dp/B06ZY2F3X9/?coliid=I21J4IMRFGFRMR&colid=PF6PTTKN5STE&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Cooler Master MasterBox Pro 5: https://www.amazon.com.mx/dp/B075N132C7/?coliid=I3T0X89OCLERW3&colid=PF6PTTKN5STE&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

2TB hard drive: https://www.amazon.com.mx/dp/B013QFRS2S/?coliid=I1LAVENCR855Q&colid=PF6PTTKN5STE&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

32 gb DDR4: https://www.amazon.com.mx/dp/B074Q45BNH/?coliid=I2W1ZNPONO86AE&colid=PF6PTTKN5STE&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

gtx 1070 ti: https://www.amazon.com.mx/dp/B076RCTXGX/?coliid=I1FYQU2S7J4POD&colid=PF6PTTKN5STE&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

what do you guys think? is it good for gaming?

other recommendations: I'd suggest the b350 over the b250.

you also won't ever need 32gb just for gaming. Going for 16gb will be fine.

also think you should add an SSD for your operating system.

Decent spec gaming machine - especially with the 1070ti

9 minutes ago, Derrk said:

I'd suggest the b350 over the b250.

Especially because the B250 isn't an AMD board

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

8 minutes ago, Derrk said:

other recommendations: I'd suggest the b350 over the b250.

you also won't ever need 32gb just for gaming. Going for 16gb will be fine.

also think you should add an SSD for your operating system.

Decent spec gaming machine - especially with the 1070ti

Thanks!!

i guess 32gb is too much ?, and an ssd would be nice but i feel like theyre really expensive, but it would help with load times

Just now, rasago_99 said:

Thanks!!

i guess 32gb is too much ?, and an ssd would be nice but i feel like theyre really expensive, but it would help with load times

getting an ssd and 16gb of ram will be cheaper than no ssd & 32gb of ram

2 minutes ago, rasago_99 said:

Thanks!!

It's not just load times, it's general usability. Once you use a system running off an SSD you'll never go back. Worth the price premium.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

is there anything else im missing? apart from a powersupply.

what cooler would you recommend?

What's your budget?

PC - i7 12700K | EVGA FTW3 3090 | Corsair H150i | ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A | 32GB Corsair Vengance | Lian Li O11 Evo & EVGA 1k PSU

-

If my post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Just now, Optane^ said:

What's your budget?

cheap? i dont have one but id like to save as much as possible.

Just now, rasago_99 said:

cheap? i dont have one but id like to save as much as possible.

Cheap is very selective. What's your max you want to spend. Once you give yourself a budget, you work within that number.

PC - i7 12700K | EVGA FTW3 3090 | Corsair H150i | ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A | 32GB Corsair Vengance | Lian Li O11 Evo & EVGA 1k PSU

-

If my post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

1 minute ago, Optane^ said:

Cheap is very selective. What's your max you want to spend. Once you give yourself a budget, you work within that number.

i have around 2000 to work with, with what i have at the moment on my amazon wishlist i have $1400 total.

6 minutes ago, rasago_99 said:

is there anything else im missing? apart from a powersupply.

what cooler would you recommend?

should i go for a radiator?

The current problem with Ryzen is that, Some AMD B350 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Pinnacle Ridge CPUs. Upgrading the BIOS may require a different CPU that is supported by older BIOS revisions. 

So you can really screw yourself here if you don't get lucky / don't wanna deal with the headache. I don't like AMD..

2,000? In that case....

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8400 2.8GHz 6-Core Processor  ($199.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($84.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: Asus - Prime Z370-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($159.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($139.89 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Kingston - A400 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($27.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($58.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB DUKE OC Video Card  ($474.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Fractal Design - Meshify C Dark TG ATX Mid Tower Case  ($96.78 @ Walmart) 
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($75.93 @ OutletPC) 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($94.89 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $1414.32
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-10-17 11:19 EDT-0400

Edited by Optane^
Wrong motherboard.

-

6 minutes ago, Optane^ said:

The current problem with Ryzen is that, Some AMD B350 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Pinnacle Ridge CPUs. Upgrading the BIOS may require a different CPU that is supported by older BIOS revisions. 

So you can really screw yourself here if you don't get lucky / don't wanna deal with the headache. I don't like AMD..

2,000? In that case....

Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($139.89 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($58.89 @ OutletPC) 
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($75.93 @ OutletPC) 

i think i can go for those changes ?

7 minutes ago, Optane^ said:

2,000? In that case....

A H100i with a locked cpu ? Huge waste of money right there. Same goes for the Z370 chipset. Not needed for a non 'K' cpu.

14 minutes ago, rasago_99 said:

i have around 2000 to work with, with what i have at the moment on my amazon wishlist i have $1400 total.

What do you need for that $2000 ? Just the tower ? If so what monitor are you going to be using ?

6 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

What do you need for that $2000 ? Just the tower ? If so what monitor are you going to be using ?

i havent thought of a monitor yet.

8 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

A H100i with a locked cpu ? Huge waste of money right there. Same goes for the Z370 chipset. Not needed for a non 'K' cpu.

what motherboard would you suggest?

1 minute ago, rasago_99 said:

what motherboard would you suggest?

Depends if you go Intel or AMD. At the minute Intel is way overpriced (At least here in UK) so Ryzen is currently better value for money. Then you need to decide if you want to overclock the cpu or not (Or have the option to). 

Just now, lee32uk said:

Depends if you go Intel or AMD. At the minute Intel is way overpriced (At least here in UK) so Ryzen is currently better value for money. Then you need to decide if you want to overclock the cpu or not (Or have the option to). 

if i choose AMD is there a good motherboard for something like the ryzen 5?

1 minute ago, rasago_99 said:

if i choose AMD is there a good motherboard for something like the ryzen 5?

If you want something cheapish then the MSI B450 Tomahawk or Gigabyte B450 Aorus are ok. 

Is a monitor part of the budget ?

1 minute ago, lee32uk said:

If you want something cheapish then the MSI B450 Tomahawk or Gigabyte B450 Aorus are ok. 

Is a monitor part of the budget ?

i guess i have around ~$300 for my monitor, since i need a better mouse and keyboard