Im planning on building my first PC, Help!

Here is a rough spec. I haven't checked the prices so some might not be as listed.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor  ($149.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC - Freezer 33 eSports Edition (Black/Red) CPU Cooler  ($46.82 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - B450 AORUS ELITE ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($73.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($139.89 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Team - L5 LITE 3D 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($62.89 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($58.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - Radeon RX VEGA 64 8GB Video Card  ($479.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Phanteks - Eclipse P350X (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($62.50 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Antec - Earthwatts Gold Pro 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($64.99 @ Newegg) 
Monitor: Asus - MG279Q 27.0" 2560x1440 144Hz Monitor  ($495.85 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $1635.80
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-10-17 12:00 EDT-0400

3 hours ago, lee32uk said:

A H100i with a locked cpu ? Huge waste of money right there. Same goes for the Z370 chipset. Not needed for a non 'K' cpu.

He would be future proofed at that point & be nice and chilly. It's not a "waste" if you can future proof & still be in budget. Also, he could get a K CPU if he wants to OC. Or again, just FP himself and be good for many years. Plus, $150 isn't bad for a MOBO nowadays.

I wouldn't buy a SDD from "Team - L5 LITE" considering they're no-name and if you look at the first page of reviews you would see that it tends to fail within a year... Not good for an SSD. There is a reason why it's so cheap... You have to spend extra where it matters. IMPORTANT parts. Like, where you keep family files, or what runs your whole system.

@rasago_99 Whatever you do, PLEASE buy an SSD. They're cheap compared to what you actually get and it's worth every penny you spend. I would not use a PC without one if I had the choice. Also, I recommend using parts from companies that are true and trusted. Not "ARTIC". I haven't heard of them. If you want air cooling, just get a hyper 212 evo and call it a day.

PC - i7 12700K | EVGA FTW3 3090 | Corsair H150i | ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A | 32GB Corsair Vengance | Lian Li O11 Evo & EVGA 1k PSU

-

If my post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

28 minutes ago, Optane^ said:

He would be future proofed at that point & be nice and chilly. It's not a "waste" if you can future proof & still be in budget. Also, he could get a K CPU if he wants to OC. Or again, just FP himself and be good for many years. Plus, $150 isn't bad for a MOBO nowadays.

I wouldn't buy a SDD from "Team - L5 LITE" considering they're no-name and if you look at the first page of reviews you would see that it tends to fail within a year... Not good for an SSD. There is a reason why it's so cheap... You have to spend extra where it matters. IMPORTANT parts. Like, where you keep family files, or what runs your whole system.

@rasago_99 Whatever you do, PLEASE buy an SSD. They're cheap compared to what you actually get and it's worth every penny you spend. I would not use a PC without one if I had the choice. Also, I recommend using parts from companies that are true and trusted. Not "ARTIC". I haven't heard of them. If you want air cooling, just get a hyper 212 evo and call it a day.

Or he could go with a cpu that can be overclocked to make use of it. It is pointless going with a 240mm AIO on a locked cpu. A cheapo air cooler would keep it cool enough. No idea on prices for lower end boards in the USA but you can easily get something half the price if going with the non 'k' cpu i.e an ASRock H370 Pro 4. 

Team Group are not a 'No name'. Maybe you should do some research before making a comment like that. The L5 SSD is perfectly fine. 

The Cryorig H7 or the Arctic Cooler one in my build are both better than the Evo 212. And you haven't heard of Arctic either ? ?

5 hours ago, rasago_99 said:

I would stick with an AMD gpu if going with a Freesync monitor. The Vega 56 would be good for 1080p/144Hz. 

Do you already have an SSD ? No reason not to have one, especially in a $2000 budget pc.  

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018

5 hours ago, MandoPanda said:

I upvote for this build. Eventualy you can think of a cheaper monitor. Asus ROG STRIX XG27VQ is also an excelent monitor. 

Considered Leds? Cable Mod for nice lookin cables? A full tower case for better airflow, build freedom and aestethics? 

i7-8086K, Strix Z370E-Gaming, G.Skill Trident 32gb 3000MHZ CL 14, Strix 1080 Ti OC, Corsair HX1000i, Obsidian 1000D, Corsair Hydro X custom loop, 13x Corsair LL120, Corsair Lighting Node Pro, 2x SSD Adata SU800 3DNand - 1tb and 128gb, 1Tb WD Blue, Cable Mod Full Cable Kit, Monitor Asus XG27VQ 144Mhz Curved

7 hours ago, rasago_99 said:
ok! here's what I have

Since I assume you want to overclock, I have upgraded you to an x470 board. I also got you some cheaper and faster RAM and some extra storage (you can never have enough storage). Also upgraded your power supply because a 2k build doesn't deserve an entry level power supply.

Lookin' good!

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018