Upgrading HP Omen 15 to 32GB RAM??

I have an HP Omen 15 (7700HQ, 16GB Ram, 256GB Nvme, 2TB, GTX1060 Max Q, 2TB, Windows 10 Home) that I want to upgrade the RAM to 32GB. HP says it only supports 16GB, and when I used Crucial scanner it said 16GB. When I purchased the laptop on Amazon (through a 3rd party) they had a 32GB RAM option and I assumed that I could upgrade at a later stage. Has anyone managed to upgrade to 32GB and if so how and what type of RAM did they use? Thanks!!

This is what the Crucial Scanner recommended: 

Crucial 16GB Kit (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 SODIMM

CT10885802

• DDR4 PC4-21300 • CL=19 • Single Ranked • x8 based • Unbuffered • NON-ECC • DDR4-2666 • 1.2V • 1024Meg x 64 •
  • upgrade for HP - Compaq HP OMEN 15 (Model Numbers 15-ce000 - 15-ce099) system.

I have an HP Omen 15, I'm currently typing this on it.  I upgraded mine to 32GB Easily, and it runs at the correct speed as well.  I'm using Hynix memory.  So yes it is possible to upgrade it to 32GB.  

Thanks for the responses, I  am going to order the RAM and hopefully it all works! Unfortunately I am not too familiar with the hardware restrictions. I'll let you know how it goes.

2 hours ago, K405NK0NFU510N said:

I have an HP Omen 15, I'm currently typing this on it.  I upgraded mine to 32GB Easily, and it runs at the correct speed as well.  I'm using Hynix memory.  So yes it is possible to upgrade it to 32GB.  

Hi @K405NK0NFU510N, do you perhaps have the specs of the RAM you used?