Tips or Suggestions for after market CPU Cooler

raidenraccoon
Go to solution Solved by Tmh85,

I have a six-core AMD FX-6300 running at stock. While gaming and rendering videos i notice my case fans blowing out warm air.

I would like to replace the cooler that came packaged with the CPU for something that'll maybe add cooler temps and ultimately a longer life span.

i'm after a cooler that has a copper base and/or direct contact heatpipes, leaving enough room for all 4 DIMM slots to be occupied (RAM modules are 40mm/1.58 in. high) and that'll fit in the 5 inch area inbetween my side fan and motherboard.

If it helps:

• case is Raidmax Agusta
  • MB is Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
  • RAM is G.Skill Ripjaws X

any suggestions or buying tips are very much appreciated! Thank you!

Main Website | Main Youtube | Main Tumblr | Gaming Channel | Music | Local Tech Blog

Raidmax Agusta | Cooler Master GeminII S524 | AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz | Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 | 16GB DDR3 RAM | 2GB GeForce GTX 760

Sony, ASUS & Western Digital devotee

Not exactly sure how much clearance you have but I'm guessing plenty since it's a full tower.

If my guess is right, I'd recommend the NH-u14s.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

edit: I like the NH-u14s idea too from WoodenMarker

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

thank you all for the suggestions. ^_^

@skullbringer my max budget was $60

i've gone with Cooler Master since it seems to be the most reccomended every where i turn xDas well as within the range of money i have

Main Website | Main Youtube | Main Tumblr | Gaming Channel | Music | Local Tech Blog

Raidmax Agusta | Cooler Master GeminII S524 | AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz | Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 | 16GB DDR3 RAM | 2GB GeForce GTX 760

Sony, ASUS & Western Digital devotee