post-7799-0-98156100-1388960884_thumb.pn

Dear Reader,

Ah, ladies and gentlemen, good day to you and welcome to my latest review!  My footman will take you coat. There – sit.  I’ll wager you are boiling with anticipation at the remarks I have in store for the headphone pictured so cleanly above.  Alas, my personal photographer was on vacation, however, so you’ll have to forgive my poor attempts at lighting control.

The boutique headphone is a relatively new concept in the hi-fi audio world.  Boutique amplifiers and speakers are, of course, written in the glorious ledgers of the history of magazines like Stereophile and scratched into the cavernous walls of rags such as The Audio Critic.  The wood-laced and tube-crowned products of audio’s past were coveted by their moneyed owners as some of the pinnacles of modern audio design, no matter the mad ranting of that inglorious Peter Aczel and his disturbing association of scientists and meaningless measurements.  Well-designed amplifiers all sound the same? Preposterous!  I can tell he’s never heard the sheer slam of a McIntosh or the liquid musicality of a Conrad Johnson.  Big players in sound design need not apply in a world where the newcomer’s stellar looking and stratospherically priced new piece of equipment performs to my ears in a way which would only be described as a wonder to behold if the unwashed masses even gleaned the chance to hear such wondrous enlightenment. Ah! The tea has arrived.  Then let us begin our exploration of the Audeze LCD-2.

Like any product of stellar construction the headphone first draws the eyes to its well-grained, hand-crafted, and polished wooden cups cut from only the finest pieces of either “Caribbean Rosewood” or “environmentally sustainable Bamboo Composite”.  Attached to the cups are genuine soft lambskin leather pads.  There is no room for imitations at the high end, unless you are a vegan, and then there’s “microsuede”, I suppose.  The headband is also a soft and padded piece of lambskin leather with a thick metal band necessary to support the weight of some of the most precise planar magnetic drivers ever to grace the cups of any headphone save the even more glorious LCD-3.  However, headphones were not made to be enjoyed merely visually, thus I must unfortunately inform my audience that despite their temptation to indulge in this headphone’s amorous appearance, we should see it to have this headphone fitted to our ears in order to capture its immense musicality.

If the audience would mind the ever apparent mass of weight that these headphones inflict upon the unprepared skull, they are rewarded with some of the most accurate dynamics in the headphone world.  Rich midrange highlights the angelic strokes of guitar strings and bass hits extend to the rattling pits of your souls deepest desires. High notes float above you as sparks in the cosmos of your mind.  Phantasmal orchestras appear before you and play the sweet harmonies of Bache and Beethoven at your command. Pardon? Oh, THAT’s my private orchestra, of course! My apologies for the confusion.

In closing, I believe you will find this headphone fulfills all your desires for beautiful audio reproduction and beautiful design all in a single product.  It is my sincerest hope that for the less affluent among you there is a chance that, one day, like me, you will gain the chance to listen to this wonderful piece of audio innovation.  However, that’s not today, as this one is mine.  Not yours.

Good day,

Snobby McSnobberson

P.S.: Shh! h264 here! Just as a note, “snobby” last I heard is broke and living in other people’s houses until he can find another place to rent.  Also, the LCD-2 sounds like the HE-500s with the plether pads and is about as heavy.  Sure does look nice though.  Good thing I got it on the Black Friday special.  Also good luck replacing the earpads!  I think it’s worthwhile to note that until 2008 the most expensive NON-electrostatic headphones were $500.  I think that says it all.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

can i try it too?

I want to see how much better my turtle beaches sound than them

Error: 410

can i try it too?

I want to see how much better my turtle beaches sound than them

Not sure if sarcasm or...

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!