Rig with Ryzen 2400g

I'm about to build myself an utility pc, general usage, some non-demanding gaming (think games like Smite, Elder Scrolls Online). A friend of mine proposed the new Ryzen APUs, because he's using a 2200g and he's quite happy with it. So I said okay, and I'm liking the 2400g one. I was looking at motherboards lately and I just can't seem to decide what exactly will be good. Currently I'm liking MSI b450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC because as I understand it, it is one of the best ones over all, I really like the integrated Bluetooth because I'm using devices with it and I plan on buying more in the future and the Wifi can be handy some times, I can see myself using it. Also I'm actually interested in OCing the 2400g, but I'm far from looking for records or something like that. Let's say I want to OC it to 4Ghz and the gpu as well. Now problem is I don't understand how VRMs work, phases as well and stuff like that. I've heard that the Gigabyte B450 AORUS PRO (rev. 1.0) is good as well, but honestly I don't know which one can perform better in case I want to OC a bit more. Im also interested in the better audio that both presumably have. I will likely upgrade some things in the future as well, a year or two later I might get a dedicated video or even another processor.  So over all I'm open to all kind of opionions. Feel free to suggest other components, PSUs are scary so you can suggest these as well.

If the MSI fits your needs then go for it. I personally like MSI. The MSI b450 board will do fine for the amount of overclocking you will do with a 2400g. I hear that Gigabyte's overclocking ability is not as good due to shoddy vrm's.

If you were wanting to get really serious about overclocking you would want to get a x470, but with a 2400g there is no point.

You should use pcpartpicker.com to organize all your shiizzzz.

Here is a comfortable build. Don't forget to enable XMP for overclocked RAM.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2400G 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($158.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($137.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($54.80 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($44.89 @ OutletPC)
Case: Thermaltake - Versa H22 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($39.93 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($94.89 @ OutletPC)
Other: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC AM4 AMD B450 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard  ($129.99 @ B&H)
Total: $711.47
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-10-15 00:22 EDT-0400

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018

On 10/13/2018 at 6:24 PM, spirulina said:

I'm about to build myself an utility pc, general usage, some non-demanding gaming (think games like Smite, Elder Scrolls Online). A friend of mine proposed the new Ryzen APUs, because he's using a 2200g and he's quite happy with it. So I said okay, and I'm liking the 2400g one. I was looking at motherboards lately and I just can't seem to decide what exactly will be good. Currently I'm liking MSI b450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC because as I understand it, it is one of the best ones over all, I really like the integrated Bluetooth because I'm using devices with it and I plan on buying more in the future and the Wifi can be handy some times, I can see myself using it. Also I'm actually interested in OCing the 2400g, but I'm far from looking for records or something like that. Let's say I want to OC it to 4Ghz and the gpu as well. Now problem is I don't understand how VRMs work, phases as well and stuff like that. I've heard that the Gigabyte B450 AORUS PRO (rev. 1.0) is good as well, but honestly I don't know which one can perform better in case I want to OC a bit more. Im also interested in the better audio that both presumably have. I will likely upgrade some things in the future as well, a year or two later I might get a dedicated video or even another processor.  So over all I'm open to all kind of opionions. Feel free to suggest other components, PSUs are scary so you can suggest these as well.

Build something like this instead...

Added in a rx570.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($98.79 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($69.71 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Team - Vulcan 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($70.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Team - L5 LITE 3D 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($39.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($43.94 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: ASRock - Radeon RX 570 4GB Phantom Gaming X Video Card  ($152.00 @ Newegg) 
Case: Cooler Master - MasterBox Q300L MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($39.64 @ Walmart) 
Power Supply: Cooler Master - MasterWatt 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($45.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $561.03
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-10-15 03:43 EDT-0400

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W