Windows 10 Clean Install - MB Driver Downloads

CC268

Hey guys,

After a clean install do I need to download all the drivers listed on the ASUS website for my motherboard? Reason I ask is that a lot of the drivers on the Asus site are quite old (over a year old). I believe Windows 10 automatically installs most the drivers already.

Thanks.

| Intel i5-6600K | NZXT Kraken X61 | MSI GTX 980TI | NZXT Kraken X41 | ASUS MAXIMUS VIII Hero Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3000 16GB | 

|Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | EVGA SuperNova G2 850W | Fractal Design Define S |

Age of driver isn't important. Win10 does install drivers, but you can also install them from site if you like, or if something isn't working. Most drivers don't need updates as there's rarely any significant issues with compatibility or performance needing fixes. GPU drivers are different as they need to be optimized for new applications and games.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

10 hours ago, CC268 said:

Hey guys,

After a clean install do I need to download all the drivers listed on the ASUS website for my motherboard? Reason I ask is that a lot of the drivers on the Asus site are quite old (over a year old). I believe Windows 10 automatically installs most the drivers already.

Thanks.

If you do it (clean install) already then of course - you need to install drivers.

But if you asking because of this topic, then leave your working system alone. Especially if you asking for that basic stuff like installing drivers.