Gandcrab 5.0.2

Syrune54

Hey so i just been infected by this virus or trojan or whatever on my main system. I didn't even downloading anything on it while I was there and playing PUBG.It even shows errors about 16 bit apps not working on 64 bit. so can anybody explain why is this happening and how or what should i do to remove it聽

1539351022187.jpg

Reminder to always be happy even in tough situations 馃檪

9 minutes ago, Andrew54 said:

Hey so i just been infected by this virus or trojan or whatever on my main system. I didn't even downloading anything on it while I was there and playing PUBG.It even shows errors about 16 bit apps not working on 64 bit. so can anybody explain why is this happening and how or what should i do to remove it聽

1539351022187.jpg

It looks like it is one of those encrypting things where you need to buy the password to get your files, can you still access your files, if so, start copying to a usb drive immediately. Skip everything with an .exe or .bat extension.(enable file extensions in explorer)

Here seems to be a pic on ways you could've gotten it:

image.png.0ed87a2462a19275c5ba82cd1b14d425.png

i mean i can still run all of my apps just fine like running Nox (an android emulator) but is it gonna infect my secondary computer ?.the only thing that it adds is a .LMRDV file if im correct.

2 minutes ago, Andrew54 said:

i mean i can still run all of my apps just fine like running Nox (an android emulator) but is it gonna infect my secondary computer ?.the only thing that it adds is a .LMRDV file if im correct.

The goal of these things is to get your money by encrypting your files, meaning you need a password to view them. They will sell you a password for like $200 or something.

I'd start by pulling out your ethernet connection, and then read the file they say to read on the desktop, maybe make a picture of that too. I would copy everything you can(or want to) to a USB drive, but not plug it into another PC. Also, open task manager and see if there is anything suspicious running there.

1 minute ago, timl132 said:

The goal of these things is to get your money by encrypting your files, meaning you need a password to view them. They will sell you a password for like $200 or something.

I'd start by pulling out your ethernet connection, and then read the file they say to read on the desktop, maybe make a picture of that too. I would copy everything you can(or want to) to a USB drive, but not plug it into another PC. Also, open task manager and see if there is anything suspicious running there.

yeah you're right.like before it was infected ive actually experienced longer loading times while im playing PUBG and dropped frames.but could an 8GB + 2GB flash drive store my files.i mean if the answer is no i could reinstall my Windows and wipe the HDD out because most of those files on my pc werent important at all聽

1 minute ago, Andrew54 said:

yeah you're right.like before it was infected ive actually experienced longer loading times while im playing PUBG and dropped frames.but could an 8GB + 2GB flash drive store my files.i mean if the answer is no i could reinstall my Windows and wipe the HDD out because most of those files on my pc werent important at all聽

It's best to reinstall everything if your files aren't important. The size of your flash drive depends on what files you want to save, but if you don't have to save the files, then don't. As the files could be infected too.

It's best to reinstall everything if your files aren't important. The size of your flash drive depends on what files you want to save, but if you don't have to save the files, then don't. As the files could be infected too.

ok i'll do it

15 minutes ago, timl132 said:

It looks like it is one of those encrypting things where you need to buy the password to get your files, can you still access your files, if so, start copying to a usb drive immediately. Skip everything with an .exe or .bat extension.(enable file extensions in explorer)

Here seems to be a pic on ways you could've gotten it:

image.png.0ed87a2462a19275c5ba82cd1b14d425.png

i didn't even have that .exe file in my pc.it was just triggered by itself while im playing.like it comes from an absolute nowhere

1 minute ago, Andrew54 said:

ok i'll do it

Remember to select the delete everything option when installing windows.(Instead of "Keep my documents and other personall stuff")

Just now, Andrew54 said:

i didn't even have that .exe file in my pc.it was just triggered by itself while im playing.like it comes from an absolute nowhere

You don't have to, the top most things are what gives you the virus, it might be a game, or an attach from the outside. Make sure to have a good password on your pc.

Remember to select the delete everything option when installing windows.(Instead of "Keep my documents and other personall stuff")

ik

2 minutes ago, timl132 said:

You don't have to, the top most things are what gives you the virus, it might be a game, or an attach from the outside. Make sure to have a good password on your pc.

maybe it was my fault for not setting up a password (cuz this is used for my brother's project anyway).but about the games i don't think so cuz the only games that i played is PUBG Mobile (using their official emulator)