Help finding upgrade for cpu cooler

Nx750
Go to solution Solved by Nx750,
3 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

awesome,thanks for all the help @WoodenMarker

Ive been all over the web searching, but cant find any asnwers, even asus could not help. 

I have an asus M11AD pc with i7-4770S.  H81 motherboard with 1150 socket i believe. 

Im a streamer so i usually have a few programs and a game running at same time, i recently noticed that the cpu temps get up to 92c while streaming. Running everything stock, no OC,  and stock cpu fan. 

Im looking to upgrade the cpu cooler with something better but cant find what would fit into this case.

Ive looked at the coolmaster 212 evo, but i think it might be to large. Does anyone know what the max cpu cooler hight is on this case? 

Im newer to the pc building world, so forgive me if this is a dumb question.I also have no way to measure in metric

Any recommendations are appreciated. 

According to Asus' website, it's 173mm wide, which would accodomate a Hyper 212 EVO, which is 159mm high.

Although, I would never recommend a Hyper 212 EVO unless you're super budget-tightened. Choosing an alternative such as an Arctic Freezer 33 eSports One, Scythe Mugen 5, or a be quiet! Dark Rock 4 will be a much better option as an aftermarket cooler.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

19 minutes ago, Nx750 said:

You'll have to measure how much space you have, there's a lot of coolers like the CM Hyper T4 or Thermalright Coolers that will be under 160mm

then just hope the motherboard is a standard one, which it should be since it's an asus PC.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

2 hours ago, seoz said:

According to Asus' website, it's 173mm wide, which would accodomate a Hyper 212 EVO, which is 159mm high.

The width of the case is not the same as the cooler height clearance available. A portion of the width is space behind the motherboard tray, motherboard standoffs, and cpu from the socket.

@Nx750 You should measure the distance from the socket to the side panel. 

Where are you shopping / located? Budget?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

7 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

The width of the case is not the same as the cooler height clearance available. A portion of the width is space behind the motherboard tray, motherboard standoffs, and cpu from the socket.

@Nx750 You should measure the distance from the socket to the side panel. 

Where are you shopping / located? Budget?

I was checking out walmart believe it or not.Their website carries a lot of big name pc parts with free 2 day shipping.But im not opposed to other sites.I was hoping to stay away from newegg as most of their stuff says it will take almost 2 weeks to get.I was hoping to stay between the $30-$50 range.Ive used to stock cooler for over 4 years now and never really had a problem,but newer games and streaming at same time are taking their toll.So anything to help out for now until I build new pc in spring.

Im located in NY state

I just got home and measured from the socket to the side panel and its about 5 inches,that would leave about 1\4 inch space.Not sure what that's would be equal to in MM. I was also looking at the cryorig h7 which is 145mm.

Also looking to add bigger fan to rear,largest set of holes from center to center is 3 1/4 inches,Is that equal to 120MM size?

Thanks for the help so far everyone

21 minutes ago, Nx750 said:

I just got home and measured from the socket to the side panel and its about 5 inches,that would leave about 1\4 inch space.Not sure what that's would be equal to in MM. I was also looking at the cryorig h7 which is 145mm.

Also looking to add bigger fan to rear,largest set of holes from center to center is 3 1/4 inches,Is that equal to 120MM size?

5in = 127mm. The rear fan mount is 92mm. 

M9i: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/LPVBD3/cryorig-cpu-cooler-m9i

NF-B9: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/jZn2FT/noctua-case-fan-nfb9redux1600pwm

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.