Silent Build , i5 8400 or ryzen5 2600 ? , Matx / itx build

XNet

Yes , i am going to build matx / itx system 

It should be silent , so less heat generated

should i go with i5 8400 or ryzen 5 2600 ? 

everything will go on stock speed  , using stock cooler too , 

for i5 using B360 chipset , for Ryzen using b450 chipset ,

this system will be paired with GTX 1070 

any recommended motherboard for both system ?

and what route will be better ? for mainly daily use , and a bit gaming like starcraft ii , pubg , etc.

Thank you 

2600 is the better silent option. 

I would pick up a low profile noctua cooler to get it even quiter

12 minutes ago, XNet said:

Yes , i am going to build matx / itx system 

It should be silent , so less heat generated

What do you have in mind exactly?

What Heatsink are you going to use, what are the limitations of the case??

should i go with i5 8400 or ryzen 5 2600 ? 

everything will go on stock speed  , using stock cooler too , 

Ryzen 5, hands down.

The Intel Heatsink is just utter garbage that barely keeps the CPU on stock clockrates.

Even with Aftermarket slim Coolers, I'd go for Ryzen because of the better heat transfer from Die to Heatspreader.

any recommended motherboard for both system ?

I own an MSI B450I Board and it seems to have normal power consumption that is equal to the Biostar X370GT7 I had once.

The ASUS X370-F Strix is way higher than the other two.

So I'd probably not get the ASUS one, if you don't need the features of the Board and can live with a more normal one.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

5 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

2600 is the better silent option. 

I would pick up a low profile noctua cooler to get it even quiter

Noctua isn't that great in the "low profile" area.

They basically only have the NH-L9 and the NH-L9x65.

The NH-L12S for example is already too big for many smaller form factor cases, though fits in a RVZ-01 and similar cases...

20 minutes ago, gort said:

Have you read the initial Posting??

We're talking about an ITX Build.

You can't use that Card in most ITX Cases because it is too wide!

in terms of silence I can recommand some stuff that I use..

Seasonic Prime Ultra, semi-passive PSU

Won't fit in most either.

And its rather loud under higher loads:
https://www.tweakpc.de/hardware/tests/netzteile/seasonic_focus_gold/s09.php

Fractal Design dynamic X2 GP-12, installed on case and on CPU heatsink, they start at 4V, really silent imho

that helps me with my Silverstone Raven RVZ-01 how??
How should I use that fan with a VEGA Card?

How should I use that in that case with a Noctua NH-L12S??

Woah ,

Thanks for replying , 

Yes , i have 2 route to go , either mATX or ITX build

because currently i have CoolerMaster Elite 130 Case , so i am thinking about building ITX system

but , if this case is no good, i will buy another case , and then i will go to mATX case and build

The goal of this build is , a silent but quiet powerfull enough for daily use , and a bit of gaming ( starcraft 2 , pubg , fornite , etc. )

Currently i am planning to pair this system with GTX 1070 , or RX580 or GTX1060 6GB 

And , my budget for this system ( motherboard , processor , memory 16gb , case , and psu  ) , is about US$ 800 

i know it's not a lot , but , let's try to use it wisely 

so , Ryzen 5 2600 is a better route ? , i will go for it 

but need advice how to build it 

27 minutes ago, XNet said:

Yes , i have 2 route to go , either mATX or ITX build

Ironically for Ryzen the µATX Boards are all kinda meh, while there are a couple of decent or good ITX Boards...

because currently i have CoolerMaster Elite 130 Case , so i am thinking about building ITX system but , if this case is no good, i will buy another case , and then i will go to mATX case and build

Well, all ITX Cases are kinda shitty and have some serious disadvantages or problems or other downsides.

If you know about them and are willing (and able) to accept them, then there is nothing wrong with it.

The case has to be to your liking first and foremost. What I think about it is absolutely irrelevant. 

So if you hate it, its bad.

If I hate it, doesn't matter.

So since you already have the case and know it, you can look at builds and/or do some measurements ant think if you'll like to work with that case or not. Its your choice.

BUT:

The goal of this build is , a silent but quiet powerfull enough for daily use , and a bit of gaming ( starcraft 2 , pubg , fornite , etc. )

...is kinda hard to impossible to do with a Small Form Factor build.

That is one of the downsides that it is louder under load than a big Desktop system would be.

And now we come to the Heatsink compatibility.

It looks like the Wraith Spire that should come with the CPU is compatible. And the best after Market Cooler is something like a Noctua NH-L9x65-AM4 (the normal version doesn't come with an AM4 Mounting Kit out of the Box, thus the AM4 Special Edition wich only comes with AM4 Mounting)

Currently i am planning to pair this system with GTX 1070 , or RX580 or GTX1060 6GB 

I'd go with the RX580/8GiB right now for for better price.

But there aren't that many quiet options. Though I don't really have an idea about that myself as I have a good and somewhat quiet RX480/8G (Red Devil)

And , my budget for this system ( motherboard , processor , memory 16gb , case , and psu  ) , is about US$ 800 

i know it's not a lot , but , let's try to use it wisely 

MSI B450I is around 100€

16GiB Memory is a Problem as a good set is around 150-180€

CPU is around 170€ or so

PSU I'd go with a Bitfenix Formula. And that is the best Option because its 140mm short and does not have Cable Managment wich increases the size requirements

GPU is around 200-300€

So that's around 420-480€ without GPU.

Should fit.

But to be honest, I'd plan with an M.2 SSD of 500 or better 1GiB (doesn't matter if SATA or PCIe) and, if the Case supports it 1x2TB 3,5" HDD (3,5" Drives are usually a bit faster than the 2,5" ones)

so , Ryzen 5 2600 is a better route ? , i will go for it 

Yes, the 2600 is a bit better.

Especially since the Intel Prices are rising...

but need advice how to build it 

Well, start with what the Verge didn't do:
Read the Manual of the Case. And Motherboard. That are the two most important things.

And with MSI you have a QR Code wich should Link to Youtube Videos that show you how to do it.

The Installation guide is pretty good - and starts on the first page, before anything else, wich is a Plus.

Downside is: If you want to add an M.2 SSD, you have to take out the Motherboard as it is on the back...

1 hour ago, gort said:

Seasonic Prime Ultra, semi-passive PSU

The Prime Gold and Platinum are among the loudest PSUs you can get when under load. Pretty much on the level of the G3. And the semi passive mode doesn't last very long at all. 

https://www.cybenetics.com/index.php?option=database&manfID=12&volts=1

:)

1 hour ago, gort said:

depends what he meant by saying matx... board or case ?

I'm running micro tower and that PSU fits

I was talking about the GPU wich absolutely does not fit in most Small Form Factor

situations...

We are talking about a Cooler Master Elite 130, wich looks like that:

http://www.coolermaster.com/case/mini-itx-elite-series/elite130/

And there you do not want something longer than 140mm, if you can avoid it....

If you can use an ATX PSU at all there is...

In this Case an SFX unit might even make sense because then @XNet could use a bigger CPU Heatsink...

Though ATX Units are superior to SFX units due to the size restrictions of SFX...

1 hour ago, gort said:

why linking Seasonic Focus Gold when I'm talking about Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum :)

Doesn't matter much because its the same shit, other package but the same Plattform since a the last revision...

Just now, gort said:

well, probably there are better options

No, there are better options, as I already provided him with a good one -> Bitfenix Formula.

And electrically its superior to the Seasonic, especially in terms of fan noise.

over 1000rpm with a 550W Gold Unit is is just not a good archievement in 2018 when there are a couple of PSU on the Market that stay under 1000rpm, at least at room temperature...

Just now, gort said:

my power needs are rather modest, I've not managed yet to make the fan spinning so for me it's 0db silent :)

No PSU is 0dB, except in the Box as the Electronics also produce some kind of noise.

And the Semi Fanless mode is bullshit because yu can regulate the fan so far down that you can barely even hear it - even such Cheapos like Xilence are able to do that. Why shouldn't Seasonic??

But especially this enviroment you do not want the PSU Fan off.because you need the PSU to remove the heat from the CPU Area....

Thogh the Fan Orientation might need to change so that it blows into the PSU (not a good idea with the AMD Box heatsink but possible with the Noctua NH-L9x65)...

You always have to look at the enviroment and circumstance and not blindly recommend your stuff.

Just now, gort said:

12 years warranty, overall can't complain, matter of preferance

It doesn't mean shit as most things are excluded, like Wear and Tear due to normal use.

So with that, what does the 12 Year Warranty do? Nothing, as the RAM could be rejected.

And you do not know if they still exist in 12 Years as some bigger companys like Tagan/Maxpoint, PC-Power & Cooling and a couple of others went under. And back in 2006 Enermax and Antec were the Big ones - Enermax even had their own Factorys. And today? They are struggeling and might go out of business...

So arguing with long Warranty just makes no sense because we do not know how the company will be in 10 years, let alone exist. And the Warranty Terms are not very consumer friendly as warranty is excluded for reseller. Or even buying it on ebay...

yes , i am going to mATX route , i am ditching my itx case , and going to buy bitfenix psu ( omg,tier 1 psu but not so expensive )

Right now i am looking for a good looking and silent matx case 

but the real problem is , the motherboard , i read that @Stefan Payne say , msi motherboard has lower power consumption than asus , is it ? what is your motherboard series ? 

Thank you for everyone for a very informative reply

1 minute ago, XNet said:

yes , i am going to mATX route , i am ditching my itx case , and going to buy bitfenix psu ( omg,tier 1 psu but not so expensive )

Right now i am looking for a good looking and silent matx case 

The problem is getting a decent Board...

There were a couple of nice X370 Boards that had heatsinks for the SOC VRM, but most boards do not have that for whatever reason...

1 minute ago, XNet said:

but the real problem is , the motherboard , i read that @Stefan Payne say , msi motherboard has lower power consumption than asus , is it ? what is your motherboard series ? 

Thank you for everyone for a very informative reply

I can only speak for the three AM4 Boards that I have or had.

The MSI I have is a B450I (yes, ITX!) and the ASUS Is an X370-F STRIX.

And another one was the Biostar X370GT7. Biostar and MSI were on the same level, ASUS is around 15-20W more for whatever reason...

CPU I used is a Ryzen 7/1700x

INNO3D GEFORCE GTX 1060 6GB GAMING OC

I need advice for gpu to buy @Stefan Payne

currently here ,
inno3d geforce gtx 1060 gb gaming oc cost US$ 250
inno3d geforce gtx 1060 6 gb ichill ultra ( 3 fan ) cost US$ 240
any RX580 8 GB from asus , msi armor , etc , cost around US$ 300

is inno3d a good card or brand ?

and for case , i am looking for cooler master Q300L or Q300P

which one will pair good with ryzen 5 2600 ?
which one should i buy ? or any other suggestion ?

56 minutes ago, XNet said:

is inno3d a good card or brand ?

No, I'd stay away from Inno3D because they offer NO WARRANTY!

56 minutes ago, XNet said:

and for case , i am looking for cooler master Q300L or Q300P

which one will pair good with ryzen 5 2600 ?
which one should i buy ? or any other suggestion ?

They seem to be the same with a different skin but the same chassis.

With cases its mostly taste, though I'd recommend that you don't get something that has the Screws for the Graphics card and others outside of the case like that. Wich usually means to invest a couple of Euros more in a case as that is something you'll find often in cheaper cases.

So something like this:

https://geizhals.de/fractal-design-focus-g-mini-schwarz-fd-ca-focus-mini-bk-w-a1629623.html?hloc=de

Bit bigger and better:

Fractal Definie Mini C.