Thoughts on PC Build?

boey

1 minute ago, Shimejii said:

Dont buy the RBG stuff, Get a better CPU for the price. The Fans and Node Alone are going to cost you the difference between a 2600 and a 2700 or 2700x.

Would you recommend going for a ryzen 7 2700 with a b450 motherboard?

please use pc part picker for your lists so we can see prices and quickly recomend changes.

id get a diffrent PSU and cut the fans and RGB to finance that upgrade

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

9 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

please use pc part picker for your lists so we can see prices and quickly recomend changes.

id get a diffrent PSU and cut the fans and RGB to finance that upgrade

Sorry, I'll edit the pc part picker link in

What kind of upgrade should I get for the PSU? Efficiency or Wattage? I searched up reviews for the PSU and they were all very good, it's semi-modular as well. 

Do you really need RGB ram

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

Just now, _d0nut said:

Sorry, I'll edit the pc part picker link in

What kind of upgrade should I get for the PSU? Efficiency or Wattage? I searched up reviews for the PSU and they were all very good, it's modular as well. 

nah looking at it now it seems fine, never mind my comment  but id still cut RGB for other stuff personally. not too updated on the PSU teirlist so thats my bad

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, bleedblue said:

Do you really need RGB ram

Price difference is minimal where I'm buying from. It's $7 cheaper than CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 3200 C16, and $0.70 more expensive than G.Skill Trident-Z 3200 C16.

Yeah it's fine, not really into the mini card. 

But if you're gonna get all that RGB wouldn't it be a waste when you put it in a case with no side panel?

I would recommend that your first priority is performance, value, then have RGB as an extra. 

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

nah looking at it now it seems fine, never mind my comment  but id still cut RGB for other stuff personally. not too updated on the PSU teirlist so thats my bad

I can't really upgrade much if I were to not buy the RGB Case Fans + Node Pro. a better GTX 1070Ti doesn't make any difference which I would notice, a GTX 1080/Vega 64 is too expensive where I'm buying the parts as the shops are still selling older stock from the periods of inflated prices.

Upgrading the cpu to a 2700 doesn't really make too much of a difference in games too, only gonna be using this build for gaming + web browsing

Just now, Mello said:

Yeah it's fine, not really into the mini card. 

But if you're gonna get all that RGB wouldn't it be a waste when you put it in a case with no side panel?

I would recommend that your first priority is performance, value, then have RGB as an extra. 

The E500L has 2 variations, one with side panel and one without. Both are the same price at the shops I'm buying the parts at if I'm not wrong. Would you suggest another ATX case?

Well, I can't really boost the performance too much now without having to spend more money than I am now. R5 2600 to R7 2700 seems like a small jump in performance in game, don't think its worth the money.

If I were to not buy the RGB stuff, that extra money wouldn't be able to upgrade the 1070Ti to a 1080, as the 1080 prices are still pretty inflated at said shops.

That RGB RAM is actually the second cheapest 3200Mhz option, the cheapest being $0.70 cheaper for 2x8GB

Just now, _d0nut said:

I can't really upgrade much if I were to not buy the RGB Case Fans + Node Pro. a better GTX 1070Ti doesn't make any difference which I would notice, a GTX 1080/Vega 64 is too expensive where I'm buying the parts as the shops are still selling older stock from the periods of inflated prices.

Upgrading the cpu to a 2700 doesn't really make too much of a difference in games too, only gonna be using this build for gaming + web browsing

A 1070ti with good cooling like the one i have will turbo up into way higher clocks and will only be limited by power. also, good cards will work longer becouse they will keep the core and memory way cooler. If you want to do it well, get a better cooled gpu.

also, a x370/x470 MSI pro carbon could be a better choise if you don't need the wifi. and if you do, a T2U from TP-link is like 20 bucks

Just now, _d0nut said:

The E500L has 2 variations, one with side panel and one without. Both are the same price at the shops I'm buying the parts at if I'm not wrong. Would you suggest another ATX case?

Well, I can't really boost the performance too much now without having to spend more money than I am now. R5 2600 to R7 2700 seems like a small jump in performance in game, don't think its worth the money.

If I were to not buy the RGB stuff, that extra money wouldn't be able to upgrade the 1070Ti to a 1080, as the 1080 prices are still pretty inflated at said shops.

That RGB RAM is actually the second cheapest 3200Mhz option, the cheapest being $0.70 cheaper for 2x8GB

NZXT h500(i)

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

A 1070ti with good cooling like the one i have will turbo up into way higher clocks and will only be limited by power. also, good cards will work longer becouse they will keep the core and memory way cooler. If you want to do it well, get a better cooled gpu.

also, a x370/x470 MSI pro carbon could be a better choise if you don't need the wifi. and if you do, a T2U from TP-link is like 20 bucks

I'll take into consideration the Motherboard upgrade.

I looked up reviews of the zotac 1070ti mini, and the performance was mostly the same(difference of like 10 fps max, could be in margin of error)

1 minute ago, Mello said:

What's the budget?

What's your friend's use for pc? 

Gaming, web browsing. That's about all

23 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

Why don't u get something like this...

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor  ($174.00 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($109.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Crucial - Ballistix Sport AT 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($129.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Crucial - BX500 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($79.95 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($45.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB AMP Edition Video Card  ($679.99 @ B&H) 
Case: NZXT - H500 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($69.99 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($56.08 @ B&H) 
Other: PRISM+ X240  (Purchased For $210.00)
Total: $1555.88
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-10-10 03:00 EDT-0400

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W

7 minutes ago, vexicus365 said:

Why don't u get something like this...

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor  ($174.00 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($109.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Crucial - Ballistix Sport AT 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($129.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Crucial - BX500 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($79.95 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($45.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB AMP Edition Video Card  ($679.99 @ B&H) 
Case: NZXT - H500 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($69.99 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($56.08 @ B&H) 
Other: PRISM+ X240  (Purchased For $210.00)
Total: $1555.88
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-10-10 03:00 EDT-0400

I'm planning to buy in person(time constraints). Basically the only shops in Singapore that sell PC Parts are selling every graphics card(besides 1060 and below) for inflated prices, as most of the stock came in during the time where GPU prices were really inflated. Only card that is feasible thats not 1060 or below is this zotac 1070ti mini.

The RAM prices are still inflated slightly, the G.Skill Trident Z RGB RAM is the same price as all the other 3200mhz 2x8gb ram, regardless of rgb

Also, I need the wifi on the motherboard, so I went for the one in the list.

RGB ram is whatever if the price difference is small. The fan selection, though.. My case fans are all Noctua. $100 for crappy Corsair fans is doing yourself an injustice.

2 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

RGB ram is whatever if the price difference is small. The fan selection, though.. My case fans are all Noctua. $100 for crappy Corsair fans is doing yourself an injustice.

Aren't all noctua fans like brown and beige? I know aesthetics isn't very important but if it's an eyesore I would spend a little bit more money to make sure it doesn't look so bad.

27 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

Aren't all noctua fans like brown and beige? I know aesthetics isn't very important but if it's an eyesore I would spend a little bit more money to make sure it doesn't look so bad.

if you have money and want a really good air cooler, get a dark rock pro 4

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GCFcNQ
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GCFcNQ/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1700 3GHz 8-Core Processor  ($189.99 @ Newegg Business)
Motherboard: ASRock - B450 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Crucial - Ballistix Sport AT 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($129.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Crucial - BX500 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($79.95 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($45.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB AMP Edition Video Card  ($679.99 @ B&H)
Case: NZXT - H500 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($69.99 @ B&H)
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($56.08 @ B&H)
Other: PRISM+ X240  (Purchased For $210.00)
Total: $1531.87
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-10-10 06:54 EDT-0400

I dont know why not more people get the 1700 8 core Ryzen for this price..