Which SSD to buy on sale ?

ScionRay
Go to solution Solved by ScionRay,

Thanks for all the responses I went with the Adata found it a couple of dollars cheaper and got a great deal on 2 of them. Can't wait to add one to my desktop and the other to my notebook. 

Hello Forum,  I found some SSD's for sale and was wondering which is the better choice?  

this is the Adata Premier Pro SP900 256GB http://www.amazon.com/ADATA-Premier-Pro2-5-Inch-Internal-ASP900S3-256GM-C/dp/B007RHT4K6/ref=aag_m_pw_dp?ie=UTF8&m=A2R2KIYR4R8ULI

or the Crucial m500 240GB http://www.amazon.com/Crucial-2-5-Inch-adapter-Internal-CT240M500SSD1/dp/B00BQ8RM1A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388933009&sr=8-1&keywords=ssd+240gb

which one is better?  I know the m500 has data loss protection but the Adata is faster?  I was told that the adata also has data loss protection thanks to a firmware update?  

Thanks for any help  

I personally would go crucial because I have a great experience with their last SSD I got from them. Don't know between the two as to which to pick.

Crucial is the better option imo

Interested in Business and Technology

I personally would go crucial because I have a great experience with their last SSD I got from them. Don't know between the two as to which to pick.

which model ssd did you get? 

Adata my choice. They're both good.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

I don't know much about Crucial ssd's and all I know about Adata is what I've seen on Linus Tech tips and Tech of Tomorrow, they seem to be good ssd's.  Can anyone try to explain to me which is better?  I do like the warranty that Crucial has, I've bought memory from them before a couple of years ago and had a problem with the ram and they replaced it no problems.  

thanks for the info. 

The cheapest one. It doesn't matter which ssd you have. The important thing is to have an ssd.

I have the ADATA in my rig, it's very fast, no complaints. It also has 16GB more than the other one.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

The cheapest one. It doesn't matter which ssd you have. The important thing is to have an ssd.

Warranty/User Support wise is also very important, you don't know when a SSD can die.

| Just sitting here, scrolling, judging. |

Thanks for all the responses I went with the Adata found it a couple of dollars cheaper and got a great deal on 2 of them. Can't wait to add one to my desktop and the other to my notebook. 

I would go for Samsung 840 Evo when it's out, but in your case, crucial would be pretty sweet.