Asus ROG Zenith Extreme doesn't think it needs to be compatible with RTX 2080Ti's BUYERS BEWARE

9 hours ago, amelius said:

Other users have had similar issues, where Asus support is entirely uninterested in helping with this issue, with no resolution whatsoever.

Yeah, maybe because they weren't the ones at fault?
Maybe nVidia messed it up - like on their Kepler cards, that didn't run on Sandy-E Systems??

Its not like nVidia never messes something up, is there?? So I'd look in both directions...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

18 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

Maybe nVidia messed it up - like on their Kepler cards, that didn't run on Sandy-E Systems??

Its not like nVidia never messes something up, is there?? So I'd look in both directions...

WTF? the cards work on every other motherboard except this one. And the OP already links to the Asus document that says two 2080tis are not supported as stable.  How on earth is that Nvidias fault? 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

1 hour ago, mr moose said:

WTF? the cards work on every other motherboard except this one. And the OP already links to the Asus document that says two 2080tis are not supported as stable.  How on earth is that Nvidias fault? 

Story involves Nvidia = Nvidia to blame.

6 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

Just to clarify, other X399 platforms were confirmed to work by several users, including other Asus boards, the issue is exclusive to the flagship X399 board, the ROG Zenith Extreme. Additionally, since it seems the board is fine with supporting each GPU when the other is disabled, and only has this issue when two GPUs are used at once, would lead me to think it's not a hardware but a software issue, since the physical hardware for each slot and working with these GPUs works fine, just the POST check fails for some reason. 

4 hours ago, amelius said:

Just to clarify, other X399 platforms were confirmed to work by several users, including other Asus boards, the issue is exclusive to the flagship X399 board, the ROG Zenith Extreme.

I find that interesting, perhaps they were having issues with compatibility for the Zenith Extreme specifically? I can't imagine they would have forgot to add full support to their flagship board... Either way, hopefully they're not too far off a fix.

7 minutes ago, ZacoAttaco said:

I find that interesting, perhaps they were having issues with compatibility for the Zenith Extreme specifically? I can't imagine they would have forgot to add full support to their flagship board... Either way, hopefully they're not too far off a fix.

I suspect it'll just be something in the bios.  A basic setting or something that trips a power overload when two cards are loaded or something along those lines. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

19 hours ago, amelius said:

Mostly, i'm concerned with Asus's seeming lack of interest in compatibility, and helping, just brushing it off and saying we should contact support to check if our parts are compatible with them. 

I don't think it's a lack of interest. It might be more of an ROI issue with them. Spending a boat load of R&D and programming time to fix an issue that's only affecting 0.001% of their client base. Business is a complicated thing. 

47 minutes ago, ouroesa said:

I don't think it's a lack of interest. It might be more of an ROI issue with them. Spending a boat load of R&D and programming time to fix an issue that's only affecting 0.001% of their client base. Business is a complicated thing. 

I don't even think it's a business or investment move, like the below quote, I think it's just they're new cards and it takes time to develop compatibility.

Besides if a business were looking for the most pressing and needed compatibility issues, I doubt SLI/NVLink support for dual 2080TIs would be on the top of their list for support. ?

18 hours ago, givingtnt said:

Eh, likely a bios update will fix it when its ready. the cards are barely out it makes sense that not all hardware is ready and compatible from day 1.