Racing wheels: is the Thrustmaster TMX okay or is the G920 worth it?

OJTheAviator
Go to solution Solved by Rallenhayestime,

I have the G920, it's not particularly high quality, but definitely not low quality... I can't imagine it being $100 better than an alternate brand.

I'm looking at pc force feedback racing wheels, and two stand out to me: the Logitech G920 ($245), and the Thrustmaster TMX ($160). They both seem to have high reviews, and both have force feedback, but the TMX is almost $100 cheaper.

Does anyone have experiance with these? Is the difference really worth $100 or would the TMX be a good experiance and better value? $245 is a little more than I was hoping to spend.

Thanks!

Tech, engineering, gaming and promoting the metric system. These are my things.

Lover of Linux.

Currently rocking a ThinkPad L13 laptop tricked out with an i7, running Windows 10.
PC Specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6700
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070
Motherboard: Asus Z170 A
RAM: Corsair Vengence 16GB

I have the G920, it's not particularly high quality, but definitely not low quality... I can't imagine it being $100 better than an alternate brand.

41 minutes ago, Rallenhayestime said:

Looking at it again, it turns out the G920 includes pedals, the TMX does not. Thanks!

Tech, engineering, gaming and promoting the metric system. These are my things.

Lover of Linux.

Currently rocking a ThinkPad L13 laptop tricked out with an i7, running Windows 10.
PC Specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6700
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070
Motherboard: Asus Z170 A
RAM: Corsair Vengence 16GB

As far as I know the TMX comes with the basic 2-pedal Thrustmaster setup, not their better 3-pedal setup. All the G920's come with a clutch pedal. Although, a change from the previous G25/G27 iterations is that they no longer bundle the shifter wuth the wheel. It's an expensive option, so bear that in mind. 

If you don't mind used, The G27 can be had at a good price. But I wouldn't go to the G25 because they're quite long in the tooth at this point. 

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷