Any suggestions for my upcoming build?

boey

Hey, so I’m about to build a PC for my friend, and I just wanted any suggestions for the part list. 

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600

Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 AORUS PRO WIFI

CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Heatsink

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB 3000MHz CL16

Storage: 1TB Seagate Barracuda Compute HDD + 240GB Transcend SSD2205 SATA SSD

GPU: Zotac GTX 1070Ti Mini

Case: Cooler Master Masterbox E500L

Power Supply: Corsair CX 550M 80+ Bronze

Monitor: PRISM+ X240 24” 144Hz Monitor(This is a monitor from a local company in singapore, is about $209usd)

Total: $1325.54 USD

VRMs on that motherboard suck, get a B450 tomahawk instead.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

The 2600 only comes with the Wraith Stealth cooler, not the beefier Wraith Spire like the 1600. Might wanna include an aftermarket one like the CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

6 minutes ago, bleedblue said:

The 2600 only comes with the Wraith Stealth cooler, not the beefier Wraith Spire like the 1600. Might wanna include an aftermarket one like the CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo.

Or go abit higher on cpu , 2600x for the much better stock cooler

8 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

Or go abit higher on cpu , 2600x for the much better stock cooler

Yeah, no.

2600x is around $230 USD

2600 is $200, plus Hyper 212 which is $30.

They'd be at the same price but the 2600 + Hyper 212 would give much better thermals because of the much better cooler.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

29 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

Why do you have a mini GPU with an ATX case?

Probably buy a case that has full mesh in the front for airflow, like a Q300L(micro ATX) or Fractal Focus G, or Mesh C, or coolermaster H500, or an RL06 pro

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

4 minutes ago, bleedblue said:

They'd be at the same price but the 2600 + Hyper 212 would give much better thermals because of the much better cooler.

In fact no, I have both coolers, full size wraith spire and 212, and 212 is cooler only 1 degree as I tested, and I had to make my own bracket for 212 to fit in am4 board

30 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

VRMs on that motherboard suck, get a B450 tomahawk instead.

I need wifi capability on this as ethernet isnt an option

26 minutes ago, bleedblue said:

Hm, is a cryorig c7 suitable?

9 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Why do you have a mini GPU with an ATX case?

Probably buy a case that has full mesh in the front for airflow, like a Q300L(micro ATX) or Fractal Focus G, or Mesh C, or coolermaster H500, or an RL06 pro

I live in singapore, and the zotac 1070ti mini is the only 1070ti at the same price as on amazon.($410usd) everything else is more expensive, even 1070s here are more expensive than this card

Form factor of the motherboard will be based on wifi capability, and the gigabyte wifi motherboard is atx, so i went for an atx build.

30 minutes ago, Alexsolo said:

A 2TB HDD isn't much more expensive than a 1TB Barracuda and double the HDD space could be worth the 10-20$ price difference.

I would suggest a Crucial MX500, Samsung 860 Evo, or Kingston UV500 SSD because they all come with 5 year warranties. 

Okay, I’ll consider those

4 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

I need wifi capability on this as ethernet isnt an option

then get a pci-e wifi card, no need to force yourself to use that crappy board.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

5 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

I live in singapore, and the zotac 1070ti mini is the only 1070ti at the same price as on amazon.($410usd) everything else is more expensive, even 1070s here are more expensive than this card

Form factor of the motherboard will be based on wifi capability, and the gigabyte wifi motherboard is atx, so i went for an atx build.

What is Vega 56's pricing compared to that 1070ti?

3 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

then get a pci-e wifi card, no need to force yourself to use that crappy board.

The onboard is likely perfectly fine and way easier to deal with.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

21 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

What is Vega 56's pricing compared to that 1070ti?

Vega 56 is around $700usd

vega 64 at $725usd

1070ti at $432usd

3 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

Vega 56 is around $700usd

vega 64 at $725usd

1070ti at $432usd

RIP singapore

Spoiler

58 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

RIP singapore

:(

Those prices were from july though.. the $432 for 1070ti is a recent price. I think new cheaper stock of gpus came in recently, its entirely possible that the vega 56 is cheaper than the 1070ti now. I’ll have to take a look when i get there on friday. 

4 hours ago, _d0nut said:

:(

Those prices were from july though.. the $432 for 1070ti is a recent price. I think new cheaper stock of gpus came in recently, its entirely possible that the vega 56 is cheaper than the 1070ti now. I’ll have to take a look when i get there on friday. 

you can view pricelists of the SLS stores in hardwarezone. look on lazada and carousell as well, retailers and distributors have set up shop on those websites.

Edited by Herman Mcpootis

2 hours ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

you can view pricelists of the SLS pricelists in hardwarezone. look on lazada and carousell as well, retailers and distributors have set up shop on those websites.

thanks alot man

5 hours ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

In fact no, I have both coolers, full size wraith spire and 212, and 212 is cooler only 1 degree as I tested, and I had to make my own bracket for 212 to fit in am4 board

That's because of your janky mounting bracket lmao.

They make Hyper 212 Evos for AM4 you know.