do I need lighting node pro to customize corsair fans?

mxk

I was finishing up the planning to my build when I realized i needed to add case fans to the list. I was looking at doing some corsair fans, and thought the HD120/LP120 fans would be a good option and they had pretty lights and good airflow. I saw on a Tomshardware forum post that as long as the motherboard has a RGB header, I might be able to just use a fan splitter and hook multiple fans up to the RGB header. I reallly don't want to spend the money on the lighting node pro but I'm willing to download corsair's software. The two motherboards I have picked out are a MSI z370m Mortar, and a MSI z370 Tomahawk which both have mystic lighting. The case I have picked out is a Fractal Design Meshify C Mini

Does anyone know if I need the lighting node pro? Or can I fan split 5 fans, save $10-$15, and control the fans through corsairs software via RGB header.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

• 5 weeks later...

You'll need and RGB Fan Hub, for starters.

If your MSI motherboard has a JCORSAIR header, you can connect this to the fan hub and control the lighting via Mystic Sync.

The HD and SP fan multipacks come with an RGB Fan Hub and a push-button controller. No software control with that but it'll work.

And I'd recommend the HD fans over the SP.

1 hour ago, DevBiker said:

If your MSI motherboard has a JCORSAIR header, you can connect this to the fan hub and control the lighting via Mystic Sync.

The HD and SP fan multipacks come with an RGB Fan Hub and a push-button controller. No software control with that but it'll work.

yeah I figured that out a month ago on the corsair fourms, though I do appreciate the help. I'm really surprised someone responded to a month old thread.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

21 hours ago, DevBiker said:

Goood to see you here DB  ?