Intel's 9th gen

Hi, I'm thinking about building my first true gamming PC in the $1200-$1500 AUD range and I I'm going with intel (Team blue LESGO) and I wondering should I go with a 8th gen chip probably I5 8600K (I wanna do some overclocking) or should I wait for a bit for the 9th gen chips to release.   

@Crunchy Dragon But what is the ETA on the chips

2 minutes ago, Mr_Man said:

@Crunchy Dragon But what is the ETA on the chips

I wanna say November, but I haven't looked in a while...

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

7 minutes ago, Mr_Man said:

@Crunchy Dragon Thank you Padlock of Death

sometime this winter

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

https://www.techradar.com/news/intel-coffee-lake-refresh suggests an initial announcement of three unlocked cpu on Tuesday with availability around the middle of the month. Other models are expected in Q1 2019.

https://hothardware.com/news/intel-live-stream-october-8 speculates that an announced event on Tuesday will be the launch.

Given the AUD budget, it looks like the wait will be into 2019. Although it wouldn't hurt to wait a few days to see what happens.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.