More time before threads close

homeap5

I noticed that some threads are closed immediately if someone asks anything about piracy, like in this topic: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/980272-windows-10-to-another-pc/

Well, it was just a question of some guy (probably young). Answer that this type discussion is not allowed will be enough in that case and maybe someone can suggest buying os instead or using free Linux (or other options). Much more interesting and proper than close thread immediately. IMO of course.

I've argued for same thing pretty recently. Threads question was bit leading, but replies were the one's that were suggesting more sinister direction. The time I was reading it, it was already closed without any actual solutions or options provided. Just because community has deemed it as hopeless piracy attempt.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

inb4 this thread gets locked. /s

Probably because of the influx of the same questions that violate the rules.

Also, maybe the posts get reported by a number of people at the same time.

Its not like this guy got banned, he can post another thread and not talk about piracy in it. Maybe he will, maybe he wont. But whatever he does, you have to follow the forum rules and fishing for tips on pirating windows isn't allowed. 

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730 

Topics are locked if they violate the Community Standards , such as this one can be for discussing moderation openly but since we are talking about how moderation is conducted not specific cases it won't be. If you have questions about moderation you may take it up with a moderator or admin at anytime.

From time to time when a moderator locks a thread we will include a peice of advice or we will PM the individual with an explanation for the lock that the public does not see. Just because the thread is locked does not necessarily mean the OP doesnt get an answer.

Moderation is not perfect but we do our best.

Edited by SansVarnic

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER