SubizNerd

My build:

i5600k

Gigabyte Z170 - Ultra

Corsair CX550 

RX580 Red Devil

AMD Adrenaline 18.9.3

Hey the forum, today's been a really bad day so far, 

I had waited over 1 year to save up to get an rx580 and it finally arrived yesterday. I was installed with the 18.5.3 driver yesterday and I was having small issues fortnite such as kicking me out of lobbies so I decided to upgrade my drivers to 18.9.3.

I was playing fortnite today and I noticed that there was a lot of coil whine from the gpu on fortnite. I had been recommended to turn the max frame rate down so I limited it to 60fps.

I then realised I was not playing at full screen so I put it to full screen and this happened (video of wierd chunkyness). 

After this happened I tried to turn off the computer using the power button but this had no effect so I turned it off at the psu. I feel like this may have been a mistake because after I did this my pc did not turn on again until I took my GPU out. After this, it turned on and I had a shred of hope. I then probably naively put my RX580 back into the top pci-e slot and the pc did not turn on again even after taking the GPU back out of my computer. 

There are things to note however all my peripherals still recieve power but none of my leds turn on and I do not get any video signal. 

I was hoping I could get some help in how to resolve this situation 

Have you tried booting the computer using the iGPU?

Edit: probably you have, try clearing CMOS and then boot up using iGPU.

1 hour ago, akio123008 said:

Thanks you so much for your help it now boots into windows without the graphics card but I'm a bit hesitant to put my card in now

3 hours ago, akio123008 said:

Thanks you so much for your help it now boots into windows without the graphics card but I'm a bit hesitant to put my card in now

4 hours ago, SubizNerd said:

My build:

i5600k

Gigabyte Z170 - Ultra

Corsair CX550 

RX580 Red Devil

AMD Adrenaline 18.9.3

Hey the forum, today's been a really bad day so far, 

I had waited over 1 year to save up to get an rx580 and it finally arrived yesterday. I was installed with the 18.5.3 driver yesterday and I was having small issues fortnite such as kicking me out of lobbies so I decided to upgrade my drivers to 18.9.3.

I was playing fortnite today and I noticed that there was a lot of coil whine from the gpu on fortnite. I had been recommended to turn the max frame rate down so I limited it to 60fps.

I then realised I was not playing at full screen so I put it to full screen and this happened (video of wierd chunkyness). 

After this happened I tried to turn off the computer using the power button but this had no effect so I turned it off at the psu. I feel like this may have been a mistake because after I did this my pc did not turn on again until I took my GPU out. After this, it turned on and I had a shred of hope. I then probably naively put my RX580 back into the top pci-e slot and the pc did not turn on again even after taking the GPU back out of my computer. 

There are things to note however all my peripherals still recieve power but none of my leds turn on and I do not get any video signal. 

I was hoping I could get some help in how to resolve this situation 

SOLUTION:

1.I cleared cmos by holding the two pins under the CLR_CMOS header bear my front panel headers with my graphics card removed from my PC. This brought my pc back to life without the Gpu installed. 

2. Then I downloaded DDU and extracted the files. (you might want to put it on your desktop as its easier to find later) 

3. Then uninstalled amd settings  in normal Windows - not in safe mode. I initially did it in safe mode and nothing would uninstall

4. Then the Computer is restarted by the uninstaller.

5. Boot Windows into safe mode by pressing Shift+restart. U have to go through a few menus troubleshoot>advanced>startup settings> advanced boot options. Hit enter. U should be prompted to choose boot options. I pressed the safe mode option. 

6. I then run DDU by choosing amd as my gpu and doing a clean and restart. 

7.I then shutdown my computer and then installed my gpu. The card span up and it was automagically installed on the 17.1.1 driver version. 

Thank you to all that helped me and I hope my instructions can help you somewhat.