AMD graphics driver update causing BSOD

I have an RX 560 and I get freezes and crashes all the time in Fortnite. I decided, since it tells me that my drivers are old when I launch the game, that maybe updating the graphics driver would fix this. I update to 18.8.1 and get blue screen of death. It says what failed is RyzenMaster.sys or something like that. I have to do a system restore to fix this problem, even rolling back in a normal way I still get BSOD after a few minutes of my system being on. I am stuck at 15.7.1 or something like that, I dont remember exactly which version. But I want my game to stop crashing, and I don’t want to have a crashing computer when I update my driver. What do I do to update the drivers without getting Blue Screen od Death?

By the way the game crashes more frequently in Save The World than Battle Royale. Also this was about a month ago, there’s probably a driver newer than what it was then but this is annoying and I dont want to risk having to do another restore. I’m just tired of my game crashing constantly

19 minutes ago, alexiacat said:

I have an RX 560 and I get freezes and crashes all the time in Fortnite. I decided, since it tells me that my drivers are old when I launch the game, that maybe updating the graphics driver would fix this. I update to 18.8.1 and get blue screen of death. It says what failed is RyzenMaster.sys or something like that. I have to do a system restore to fix this problem, even rolling back in a normal way I still get BSOD after a few minutes of my system being on. I am stuck at 15.7.1 or something like that, I dont remember exactly which version. But I want my game to stop crashing, and I don’t want to have a crashing computer when I update my driver. What do I do to update the drivers without getting Blue Screen od Death?

By the way the game crashes more frequently in Save The World than Battle Royale. Also this was about a month ago, there’s probably a driver newer than what it was then but this is annoying and I dont want to risk having to do another restore. I’m just tired of my game crashing constantly

Use an application called DDU in safe mode to uninstall your drivers. Fortnite, to my knowledge, has a recommended driver. Do a clean install of amd adrenalin etc...after ddu.

I had same issue and this fixed it for me

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x cooled by Pure Rock Slim // RAM: Gskill Flare X 3200mhz CL14 2x16 32GB// GPU: Powercolor Red Devil RX 6650 XT 8GB// Motherboard: ASRock B450m Pro 4 // PSU: Seasonic G550 Gold 80+ // Storage: 4TB pcie nvme game drive, 512 GB m.2 sata3 OS Drive, 4 TB WD Red HDD // Monitor: Samsung S22D300 21.5" 1080p 60Hz, MSI 27" 1080p 144hz Freesync 1ms display // Peripherals:  Logitech fancy shmancy keyboard and moise with rgb and gaminess stuff, very fancy | Kingston HyperX Cloud Core headset 

2 hours ago, firelighter487 said:

what are your other specs?

ryzen 5 1600

8gb crucial ballistix ddr4 2400mhz

asus strix b350-f

650w psu

rx 560 4gb

xpg gammix s10 256gb m.2 nvme drive

2 hours ago, Spudbilly said:

Use an application called DDU in safe mode to uninstall your drivers. Fortnite, to my knowledge, has a recommended driver. Do a clean install of amd adrenalin etc...after ddu.

I had same issue and this fixed it for me

How do i get ddu, and what does it do