GPU for A10-7850K

Hello Guys,

I currently own a system with below specs, after my old system died I initially planed to make the below system(2 years old now), use it temporarily then make a good system slowly, however due to unforeseen family medical emergency I had to drop the plan and with the current medical expenses and such, building a new system is not possible for another 1.5-2 years. Now the APU has reached its age and can barely even start modern games. So intend to add a GPU to the system, now need a bit suggestion/help to decide which GPU to with.

With the CPU bottleneck, I'm confused as to which GPU would be the best for the price, my options.

1. Zotac GTX 1060 3GB AMP (Approx 270 USD)

2. Zotac GTX 1050TI 4GB OC (Approx 194 USD)

Which GPU would you guys consider would be able give the most performance before getting bottlenecked by CPU.

CURRENT SYSTEM

Processor - AMD A10-7850K

Motherboard - GIGABYTE G1 Sniper A88X

RAM - GSkill RIPJAWS X (2x4GB @ 2133Mhz)

PSU - Seasonic S12II (520W)

SSD - Samsung 850EVO (250GB)

HDD - Western Digital Blue (1TB)

P.S. : Not considering 1060 6GB cause pretty much all games are going to hit CPU bottleneck before they hit VRM VRAM limit. And pretty much all AMD cards are overpriced here by approx 20 USD so they are out of question.

Edit - few extra info.

Edited by Not so Lucky

A used 970 or a 1050ti would do fine 

Primary Laptop (Gearsy MK4): Ryzen 9 5900HX, Radeon RX 6800M, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 24 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz, 512 GB SSD+1TB SSD, 15.6 in 300 Hz IPS display

2021 Asus ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition

Secondary Laptop (Uni MK2): Ryzen 7 5800HS, Nvidia GTX 1650, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz, 512 GB SSD 

2021 Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 

Meme Machine (Uni MK1): Shintel Core i5 7200U, Nvidia GT 940MX, 24 GB DDR4 2133 Mhz, 256 GB SSD+500GB HDD, 15.6 in TN Display 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

Retired Laptop (Gearsy MK2): Ryzen 5 2500U, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 12 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4, 256 GB NVME SSD, 15.6" 1080p IPS Touchscreen 

2017 HP Envy X360 15z (Ryzen)

PC (Gearsy): A6 3650, HD 6530D , 8 GB 1600 Mhz Kingston DDR3, Some Random Mobo Lol, EVGA 450W BT PSU, Stock Cooler, 128 GB Kingston SSD, 1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM

HP P7 1234 (Yes It's Actually Called That)  RIP 

Also im happy to answer any Ryzen Mobile questions if anyone is interested! 

6 minutes ago, Not so Lucky said:

VRM

One nitpick: VRM is voltage regulator module, you're referring to vram (I know it's so similar)

Anyway, I recommend the 1050 ti because with these old systems, a low power draw graphics card is ideal. Plus it just feels so right to me, an old four core with a PCIe only graphics card, no power cables and no hassle. 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Tomshardware: omg are you poor? ahah. my newborn son with his umbilical cord still attached already bought rtx2080 sli. ahah. He also dual boot windows 10. he install windows 10 twice just to get twice the update.

1 hour ago, fasauceome said:

One nitpick: VRM is voltage regulator module, you're referring to vram (I know it's so similar)

Anyway, I recommend the 1050 ti because with these old systems, a low power draw graphics card is ideal. Plus it just feels so right to me, an old four core with a PCIe only graphics card, no power cables and no hassle. 

Thanks for pointing it out, I didn't even notice that brain fart.

1 hour ago, Adult Man said:

Tomshardware: omg are you poor? ahah. my newborn son with his umbilical cord still attached already bought rtx2080 sli. ahah. He also dual boot windows 10. he install windows 10 twice just to get twice the update.

So true, some people are just too ignorant.

As for the gc, I guess 1050TI it is then. Thanks for the reply's.