Being attacked with BSODs while installing new Windows 10 build

So  the new build for windows 10 appeared to be downloading in the settings app, I wanted to install it so I can just continue with using my computer as normal without being interrupted.

Everything went fine till the PC restarted, it displayed working on updates which went slow and actually progressed but till a certain point.

When it reaches 30% it’ll crash but it’ll instantly turn off on its own without me seeing what appeared. When I turn my pc back on it goes back to the working on updates screen again, only this time it goes to 43% before crashing but this time it remains on the screen without it going off. There are two BSODs error strings appeared:

Driver_unloaded_without_cancelling_pending_operations caused by wpprecorder.sys

page_fault_in_nonpaged_area caused by nwifi.sys

Microsoft support is BS they did everything what I did, any new person who I need support about this issue from Microsoft always want remote access even when I clean installed Windows as the previous guy suggested me to, which is absolutely ridiculous. Otherwise they don’t even help.

So I’m stuck with this update continuously downloading, using the previous build works perfectly without any issues at all, when I go back to the desktop I get a error message saying installation failed at first_boot phase and gives me an error code of 0xC1900101 - 0x30018.

So what I can do regarding with this irritating issue?

My Specs:

Intel Core i7 4790K 4.4GHz

32GB Corsair vengeance & g-skull 2400mhz

GTX 1080 g1 gaming 

msi z79 gaming 5 latest bios ver.

What I tried:

-Clean installing (didn’t work except it doesn’t display any BSOD error string like memory_management)

-SFC didn’t find any issues with any system files.

-Reset BIOS settings and removed any form of OC.

-I used seatools to see if the hard drives (I have two in total) is showing signs of failure but it came out clean.

3 minutes ago, XxDEATHB3TCHxX said:

What I tried:

You didn't nuke the POS called Win10 and put something proper like Win7 or Win9 (yes, it's a real thing) on it.

I get it, Win10 is "teh bestests and mostest" and all that dreck

Assuming Win10 isnt at fault (highly suspect) let's start with the basics, shall we?

Run Memtest86+ (bootable ISO) that will determine if your RAM is good.

Find the maker of your hard drive, and run their diag tools, ensure the drive is good.

Report back

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

3 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

You didn't nuke the POS called Win10 and put something proper like Win7 or Win9 (yes, it's a real thing) on it.

Assuming Win10 isnt at fault (highly suspect) let's start with the basics, shall we?

Run Memtest86+ (bootable ISO) that will determine if your RAM is good.

Find the maker of your hard drive, and run their diag tools, ensure the drive is good.

Report back

Alright I’ll do memtest right now and I forgot to mention I did use Seatools to test the hard drives and it came clean.

Just now, XxDEATHB3TCHxX said:

Alright I’ll do memtest right now and I forgot to mention I did use Seatools to test the hard drives and it came clean.

Ok, seatools is solid stuff. If it says it's good, then the drive isn't the issue.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Yea i'd sugest trying W7 , if it works ,, you know its W10.

W7 FTW !

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

14 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

5 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

Yea i'd sugest trying W7 , if it works ,, you know its W10.

W7 FTW !

Please don't suggest to people to use outdated and vulnerable Operating Systems.

Its more a OS than W10 is, and its not vulnerable its still getting security updates.

You have any idea how much crap you have to manualy delete, to get W10 to be a clean OS. Not to mention needing to use 3rd party programs to do half that shit, or use cmd prompt to do it. As i said, W7 is more a OS than W10 is. The only thing you have to worry about W7 is avoiding certain updates that were intorduced after W8, as some of them are just W7 version of W8/10 info gathering.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

8 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

Its more a OS than W10 is, and its not vulnerable its still getting security updates.

You have any idea how much crap you have to manualy delete, to get W10 to be a clean OS. Not to mention needing to use 3rd party programs to do half that shit, or use cmd prompt to do it. As i said, W7 is more a OS than W10 is. The only thing you have to worry about W7 is avoiding certain updates that were intorduced after W8, as some of them are just W7 version of W8/10 info gathering.

When I use W10, I use LTSB which comes with none of that bloat and it doesn't use the ugly Aero theme. Windows 7 is very outdated and does not get security patches frequently- as it was susceptible to things like wannacry while Windows 10 was patched for that.

39 minutes ago, EPENEX said:

When I use W10, I use LTSB which comes with none of that bloat and it doesn't use the ugly Aero theme. Windows 7 is very outdated and does not get security patches frequently- as it was susceptible to things like wannacry while Windows 10 was patched for that.

Please refrain from talking about things you know nothing about. You'll only embarrass yourself.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-update/windows-7-pro-patch-for-wannacry/fe4c4c4a-d6a5-42e6-9c55-f9d61b9bb3df

Sorry for the long wait for my reply. I left my PC on overnight, it seemed to pass without any errors. When I went back to windows 10 settings app, I see the update once again started to download again ?.

Yeah I’m guessing it’s windows 10 update, as I never had this issue before with any of these feature updates.

And yes I was planning on going back to Windows 7 as with Windows 10 when my PC sleeps or hibernate it’ll doesn’t actually goes into any of those modes, everything still get powered, and I cannot wake the PC up till I press the power button. 

3 hours ago, XxDEATHB3TCHxX said:

And yes I was planning on going back to Windows 7 as with Windows 10 when my PC sleeps or hibernate it’ll doesn’t actually goes into any of those modes, everything still get powered, and I cannot wake the PC up till I press the power button. 

check the manufacturer of your motherboard to see if there are any new drivers for it. that might help.

She/Her

7 hours ago, firelighter487 said:

check the manufacturer of your motherboard to see if there are any new drivers for it. that might help.

Hmmm.... did no effect. The odd thing about this is the first BSOD that happens when the working on update stay stuck at 30%, then 43% on the second reboot then it undo any changes to the computer.

1 hour ago, XxDEATHB3TCHxX said:

Hmmm.... did no effect. The odd thing about this is the first BSOD that happens when the working on update stay stuck at 30%, then 43% on the second reboot then it undo any changes to the computer.

try reinstalling Windows. it seems like Windows update is broken on your pc... 

She/Her

Ok so am not an expert but this happened to me on my older pc when upgrading to Win 10 all i know it was that to check my graphic card, CPU and Memory.  So i Reinstalled my GPU driver,  it kinda fix it and crashed again so i had another PC with same CPU and changed that redid my all my license (due to CPU switch), and everything started working perfectly, my CPU(the one that was crashin) i removed was not bad cause it works perfectly from in the other PC.  So i might be the CPU is not sat right or something stupid.  If all does not work for me i remove all my cards and cpu and clean and put everything back and double check.  Does hurt.

My PC:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Processor (4.4Ghz), MOBO: GIGABYTE X470 AORUS Gaming 7 WiFi (AMD Ryzen AM4/ X470/ Intel Wave 2 WiFi/M.2), RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15, GPU: Gigabyte nVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Windforce OC GV-N1080WF3OC-8GD Graphics Cards, STORAGE: 120GB CRUCIAL SSD, 1TB WD BLUE, COOLER: Cooler Master 212 EVO RGB Black Edition, FANS: 4 x MasterFan MF120R RGB (2 Front, 1 Back, 1 Top), 1 x Noctua NF-P12 Redux 1700 RPM(Back off Cooler), PC CASE: Cooler Master MB500 case, PSU: EVGA 750 BQ.

My Kids PC:

CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 955 (95watt @3.5Ghz @1.40V), MOBO: ASUS M2A-VM, RAM: Kingston 8GB (4x2GB) DDR2 800MHz, GPU: nVidia GT 710 2GB DDR3 (OC’ed Clock to 1300Mhz and Memory to 950Mhz), STORAGE: 250GB HDD, 500GB HDD, COOLER:  Cooler Master 212 EVO, PC CASE: Cooler Master Q300L , FANS: 3 x upHere RED LED Fans (2 Front, 1 Back), PSU: Generic 300 Watt PSU.

Console:  PS4 - vjizzle2384

11 hours ago, firelighter487 said:

try reinstalling Windows. it seems like Windows update is broken on your pc... 

Exactly what I did, as Microsoft Support suggested to do that but it made no difference except this time around the screen doesn't flash before the BSOD appears. Maybe it's my sound card (Sound Blaster Z) isn't compatible with the latest build or is trying to mess the sound card up, as I heard that the newer build causes issues with Intel HD audio.

But then a question comes into my mind to as why did I receive this update if a hardware isn't compatible with the latest Windows 10 build.

10 hours ago, vjizzle2384 said:

Ok so am not an expert but this happened to me on my older pc when upgrading to Win 10 all i know it was that to check my graphic card, CPU and Memory.  So i Reinstalled my GPU driver,  it kinda fix it and crashed again so i had another PC with same CPU and changed that redid my all my license (due to CPU switch), and everything started working perfectly, my CPU(the one that was crashin) i removed was not bad cause it works perfectly from in the other PC.  So i might be the CPU is not sat right or something stupid.  If all does not work for me i remove all my cards and cpu and clean and put everything back and double check.  Does hurt.

Hmmm... might have to try that but as far as I know, my CPU, RAM & GPU (even reset them all back to default clocks) is all fine (except CPU still have thermal issues when being utilised more, but isn't as much as it was before).

10 hours ago, TopHatProductions115 said:

Is there a such thing as a Windows Update Troubleshooter?

Yes, there is, however it doesn't detect anything wrong.